PIP - Bollywood (1 Viewer)

Celiast

HSC
Re: 2006 PIP Progress Thread

kelly_xxx said:
have not started writing. Well.. 2 sentences of intro and it sounds so corny. More research... i dont get how people can send out 300 surveys and analyse them. Good efforts....
hey guys/galz.

Good 4 de HSC and PIP .....can u pple please help me..
i hope u can all ( non indian peole) help me with my PIP by answering this Questionarre .PRETTY PLEEEEEASE!~

The focus is "the perception of Bollywood culture affects acculturation among non- indian people in Australia.

QUESTIONARE

Q1) What is your gender? F M

Q2) What is your nationality?

Australia Brittan USA Other

Q3) What is your age? 17 - 24?

Q4) From which source did you hear about Bollywood movies?

Q5) Approximately how many Bollywood films have you watched?

Month Year

Q5) Where do you usually watch these films?
Q6) Do you go to any Bollywood movie festivals? Yes No

Q7) How do you rate the aspect of Indian culture reflected in the films?

Modest Reasonable

Significant

Q8) Express how the Indian culture impacts you as a result of watching Bollywood films.

Q9) What is your favourite characteristics of Bollywood movies?

Songs Dances Patriotism Action

Thriller Romance Fashion Religion

Politics Attractive Celebrities History

Q10)What do you consider the top 3 Bollywood films?

Q11) As a result of watching these films, are you culturally aware of Indian people? Has any misunderstandings decreased?

Yes No

thankyou....

Kulazzi

HSC

*exasperated* Please, please, PLEASE read the threads which have been labelled important at the top of the PIP forum.

By posting your questionnaire here won't get you anywhere, you are just creating more work for the moderators. So please note that this thread is only for PIP progress not questionnaires!

EDIT: You should have your teacher (or someone else) go over your questionnaire with you. For example, when you asked what nationality people were, you instead listed countries rather than sayng, Australian, British, American.

As for your age question, you should put in more age groups so you can narrow your search down and make it more easier to integrate this in your pip. Give them options to tick, for example

|_| 12-15

|_| 16-20

|_| 21-25

|_| 26-30

|_| 30+

With your Bollywood source question, again I stress to put in options so you can easily guide the person through your questionnaire swiftly and easily. Put in magazines, television, famous actor/actress (PLease name) etc. etc. etc.

When you ask how many bollywood movies watched, you should ask before that: "do you watch bollywood movies"

Yes/No

If yes, please go onto next question
If no, please skip the next question

and then ask how many times have they seen bollywood movies. And don't put month year, put instead

- a lot
- not very much
- rarely

or something like that

I am not going to further analyse your essay because

1) You are going to have to go to your teacher yourself and get them to look over it for you because as far as I can see there are a lot of grammer errors in ther that need fixing otherwise you won't be able to wrote your pip up properly

and

2) I've got work of my own to do which require as just as much analysis and explanation that Ijust did with your questionnaire

Last edited:

mishka

HSC
N/A

What would I do without Kulazzi?? :p Thanks :)

I've created this new thread... maybe we should refine your questionnaire before also posting it the Surveys forum... I'll be back later to help with that.

Kulazzi

HSC

No worries, you are welcome =)

I think I sound a bit aggressive in there though so I apologise if it sounds like that, you know, uni assignments and all :rolleyes: so Celiast, please don't take any offence to what I just said :)

Celiast

HSC

Kulazzi said:
No worries, you are welcome =)

I think I sound a bit aggressive in there though so I apologise if it sounds like that, you know, uni assignments and all :rolleyes: so Celiast, please don't take any offence to what I just said :)
That was my pasted draft , i'm sorry i am not a professionalist!.
My topic isn' t unique but i have received some results from the "final" draft , So far I have created my intro but what soci- cultural elements could i use to have a creative PIP? I tried to link concepts with Multiculturalism and globalisation But I'm stuck for ideas..wat a crisis!

I wish had i had the determination to spark my PIP ..soo much for the pathway student , hey .
If you have some spare time can u please give email addresses on who will complete the questionnare?? pleasse

Kulazzi

HSC

Celiast said:
That was my pasted draft , i'm sorry i am not a professionalist!.
My topic isn' t unique but i have received some results from the "final" draft , So far I have created my intro but what soci- cultural elements could i use to have a creative PIP? I tried to link concepts with Multiculturalism and globalisation But I'm stuck for ideas..wat a crisis!

I wish had i had the determination to spark my PIP ..soo much for the pathway student , hey .
If you have some spare time can u please give email addresses on who will complete the questionnare?? pleasse
You don't have to be professionalist to do a perfect questionnaire. It's common sense. Read over my post here and above, and then read over your questionnaire again

I don't think multiculturalism is a concept with your PIP, but oyu can replace that with the westernisation of Bollywood movies. Compare them over time, for example the movies dilip kumar was in are totally different to the ones today - the clothes, the music, the style. Compare Dilip Kumar's "Devdas" with SRK's "Devdas". Are they similar or different? You can say that Indian movies today that are a 'copy' of the old ones are pretty much similar. The bollywood gangster movies that are released, the horror movies eg Bhoot. that was never a topic in the past, but now Bollywood is trying to bring in new themes to possibly gain greater audience because the "love story" plot of every film is getting old.

What about Bride and prejudice? Sure it's a copy of Pride and prejudice but it has been manifested to include bollywood dancing, the indian culture.

Your questionnaire is still not yet a finalised draft. Look over my post again. I don't see how people can do it, if you don't put in those options I suggested, then people are going to just stop at question at question 3 and again, you won't be able to collate enough information for your PIP.

Add in more questions for those who don't watch bollywood movies - eg. (and this is just a very very simple example) if you are willing to learn more about another culture, would you do this by watching bollywood movies as one method?

- Yes

- No

And maybe then ask "How do you think Bollywood movies represent the Indian culture" and put in options:

- clothes
- dancing
- singing
- How the actors/actresses look (and maybe go on from here about how all bollywood actresses are really fair as opposed to a "stereotypical" dark-skin looking Indian)

Last edited:

Kulazzi

HSC

I mean, it's ironic. You mention in your first post for the "non-indians" to fill out your questionnaire yet you don't even put in the option if they watch bollywood movies or not in the first place.

It's like you're assuming that all non-indians watch bollywood movies

...............do you see where I'm getting at now???????????????

Kulazzi

HSC

oh, and one more thing, which may help you with your PIP. From memory, there was a PIP high-achiever who did her PIP on Bollywood. If you pop down to the state library, ask the librarians if oyu can see the PIPs (which you have to view in a supervised area ie. you cannot take them back to your desk where you were studying) and have a look through for the bollywood one, take some notes. You are not allowed to photocopy.

Celiast

HSC

Kulazzi said:
I mean, it's ironic. You mention in your first post for the "non-indians" to fill out your questionnaire yet you don't even put in the option if they watch bollywood movies or not in the first place.

It's like you're assuming that all non-indians watch bollywood movies

...............do you see where I'm getting at now???????????????

I asked the people of whom i distributed the questionnaires if " they watched Bollywood Movies" or otherwise i wouldn't get feedback. How else could i get info on acculturation then?I had taken some random sample of the population as well as a control , to have a cross cultural aspect in the PIP.

Kulazzi

HSC

I asked the people of whom i distributed the questionnaires if " they watched Bollywood Movies" or otherwise i wouldn't get feedback. How else could i get info on acculturation then?I had taken some random sample of the population as well as a control , to have a cross cultural aspect in the PIP.
well you didn't ask here. You should refine it anyway and oyu shouldn't just focus on those who do watch bollywood movies, but also those who don't, this would also bring in a little cross-cultural perspective. Like i said, read my post above.

hey guys/galz.

Good 4 de HSC and PIP .....can u pple please help me..
i hope u can all ( non indian peole) help me with my PIP by answering this Questionarre .PRETTY PLEEEEEASE!~

The focus is "the perception of Bollywood culture affects acculturation among non- indian people in Australia.

Celiast

HSC

Kulazzi said:
well you didn't ask here. You should refine it anyway and oyu shouldn't just focus on those who do watch bollywood movies, but also those who don't, this would also bring in a little cross-cultural perspective. Like i said, read my post above.

Yes i have read all ur posts and have seen the other girls' PIP on Bollywood movies but would u be able ask some of ur UNI friends for some feedback?
If not , alrighty then.

You must be out ur wits now :0 Srry for all the hassle and annoyance...
Hey thanks for the help ......for now.
I'll try not bumping into u in the near future, by the way do u know Gayathri from Western Sydney University,2nd year?

Kulazzi

HSC

I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone will be able to fill it out at uni. I have different people in every one of my classes, so it would be a bit awkward just asking them to fill out a survey for this girl I know over BOS.

No worries, just trying to keep you on the right track to a good PIP. I didn't mean to criticise too intensely but hey, you can spin in some westernisation ideas in there

No, I don't know anyone from 2nd year, Im only a first year student.

Celiast

HSC

hey i guess u achieved a Band 6 for S+C .. What other subjects did u complete last year..... From last year, 2 unit maths was a killer!!!
hmm .. do u happen to be Bengali???

anyways, do u think there is a slightest chance of me getting band 6 For PIP?
Ur probably sittin there going OMG this girl is a ....

Kulazzi

HSC

Just because I gave out all that advice, does not neccessarily mean I got a band 6 (I wish I did though!) :rolleyes:

I also did 2u mathematices, advanced english, business studies and textiles and design

I cannot judge what you will get just based on your reading your questionnaire, and it's best to check on SAM :)

No, I am not Bengali. My mother is Indian, my dad is Pakistani and I was born here so I am, in fact, Australian.

Anyways, let's stay on topic and if you have any more questions (which are not related to this thread) then just pm me :)

Celiast

HSC

Kulazzi said:
. You should refine it anyway and oyu shouldn't just focus on those who do watch bollywood movies, but also those who don't, this would also bring in a little cross-cultural perspective.[/b]
yeah, i refined my questionnaire (a lot) but when i sent the questionnaire among people who don't watch B movies , in the question " if they would watch B movies for learning the Indian culture", majority of the people replied No.

Academic research

I talked to my teacher about academic research and she said i may well add multiculturalism theories. I have found some secondary research on Horace Kallen and referred to cultural theorist such as Immanuel Kant and Rosseau
But i dont know how i'm going to incoroprate this further in the CM.

Last edited:

Kulazzi

HSC

so if majority of the people replied no then you can still write your pip based on their opinion towards learning another culture through a mass medium

I'm not sure about the multiculturalism issue but the best thing for you to do is incorporate these theorists' ideas into your pip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)