PIP DAY (4th of March 2005) (1 Viewer)

Tianna

HSC
Hey Everyone, i went to the PIP Day today at the Wesley Theatre and everyone was given this site ( i had previously joined) but i was hoping alot more Society students would have joined this afternoon.

How did you all find the lecture and did it help guide anyone? Personally i thought i was familiar with most of what was spoken about... Where is everyone up to on their PIP's???
Thanks, Tianna

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
Tianna said:
Hey Everyone, i went to the PIP Day today at the Wesley Theatre and everyone was given this site ( i had previously joined) but i was hoping alot more Society students would have joined this afternoon.

How did you all find the lecture and did it help guide anyone? Personally i thought i was familiar with most of what was spoken about... Where is everyone up to on their PIP's???
Thanks, Tianna
I was falling asleep through that thing, it was SO boring! I didn't find it much of a help because we've gone through that stuff in class anyways. I didn't even need that referencing crap they told us about cause i already had that thing explained to me in Extension 2 English!! I honestly think it was a waste of $15.....talking to my teacher is more help then all thsoe people put together....she's totally awesome!

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
it was okay..may i stress okay!

heloo pippers

the pip lecture was okay as were the discussions at the end if u bothered to stay (damn u pplz who think ur too good for it)

the only problem was i had heard all of the things before because mitchell high has the best teacher (will any other teacher admit they were bored?)....
did pplz actually get good feed abck on their pip?

p.s hey soul shine...nice meeting u

HSC
omg i was there! and it was soo boring!

i already knew everything they told us

and that felicia lady was a bitch

phantom limb

HSC
N/A
that felicia lady had the most fucking annoying voice/accent ever

there was a guy who looked like jesus sort of near us though, that was amusing. we tried to take photos of him but i only had 3x zoom on my phone and it just made him all blurry.

the actual lecture was hell boring... and i don't see why the guy who came 4th in the state got to speak, because LAUREN MILLER wasn't even asked (apparently) and she beat the entire state. ha.

Last edited:
HSC
i went last year as i did HSC in 2004, hope uz all do well in ur PIPS, i never got to find out (obviously) i didn't get 30 out of 30, they don't tell you ur mark if u got less than 100% which is fkn stupid but ah well

anyway the PIP talk is extremely NOT useful, your teacher gives better advice

-silence-

HSC
It was a waste.... Kinda knew the stuff they said... I was glad to leave.

soulshine

HSC
hey spazzyhead! hehe nice to meet you too!

that fucking woman's voice, aaaaaah! she had good things to say... but yowzers, it hurt to hear them.

the day reminded me how behind i was in my whole process. i liked how they said 'if you start this week you'll be fine, but come next week you wont be, so do it all this weekend'

HSC
i missed the discussion groups were they any good?

that guy that spoke, was so gay! i couldn't tell if he was male or female, and i thought his topic was kind of a rip off of what is in fasnion now - buddhism - but i guess that was his point.

eww felicia kept changing from american to australian accent.

also we had this girl behind us who had the worst laugh and she actually thought one of the speakers had 'comic timing' and was writing down his jokes

soulshine

HSC
yeah i thought it was a little sick that he'd done most of his research by jan :S

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
well i dint understand how he could have completed all the research by now...besides the fact that he is now buddist so he must have really been into his pip.
mine is still in the primary research stage...i have 108 questionaires to tally!!

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Tianna said:
really? they must have found this Society and Culture forum useful to tell you all to join :)

pig_93

HSC
here goes...another one of us saying it was stuff we already knew
and it so was, they could have made it so much better by having more ppl (less fanatical about their PIPs that is) telling us about their pip journeys or what have you. but yeah, too much preaching etc etc...

but yeah, at least it reiterated the fact that we are all on the same tangent. we can look at it from that perspective at least.

ta

Mm_cookies

Banned
HSC
i went, and left at 3.30! THE lunch break! i did nt know they told everyone about this site! was the rest of the day as boring as the beggining! i almost died! but the pip person, was it male or female! overall me and my friends had a good day because we got to laugh at everyone!that felicia lady was such a dimwit!

freaked

HSC
PIP Day??
Where was this held, I have heard nothing about it. Was it open to all schools?
You all are saying it was boring, but did you get any info out of it? Like how to set the PIP out, etc?

freaked

HSC
I just went to the Society and Culture Association site, and though it has last years dates it says there is also a HSC Students day. Has anyone heard anything about this? If i haven't missed it I would like to tell my S&C teacher about it

soulshine

HSC
well despite all your negativity guys, i thought it was quite worthwhile. maybe thats coz my school makes me very unsure about a lot of stuff. but yeah, there was some good info about how to set stuff out, what to include where, and even if i knew some stuff, it was good to hear it reiterated from a reliable source so i know which direction i should be headed in.

freaked, i dunno about this other day yet. if you wanna pm me or email me or something i can possible send u some of the stuff that they told us on PIP day, if you'd like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)