PIP Help. (1 Viewer)

jordiehanny

HSC
Hi.
My PIP topic is "An Investigation into Societal Atittudes Towards Teenage Pregnancy". (Yes, I know it's a "beware of" topic, but, my primary research involved a participant observation, so, my teacher actually suggested it).
Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions on teenage pregnancies/teenage mothers.
"If you saw a pregnant teen, what would your first reactions be? Would you think any less of them?"
Thanks.
Hanny.
xx

Miss Code

HSC
I wouldnt look at them and think "omg your an idiot" because of a couple of reasons, although yes they are young they have made the choices you have sex and they have gotten pregnant they are still human... we all make mistakes, and they have taken the responsibility of their actions.
The resons why i dont judge them are:
1. My mother had my brother when she was 16, she then went on to have my twin and myself at 20 and my dad had a daughter so together 4 under 4 and i have seen the way shes put her life on hold to raise us kids with all the love she has.

2. I have friends who are 17 turning 18 who are both expecting this month and next month both who are to become single mothers, taking care of something they never expected at this age.

So to answer your question, my first reaction would be yes they are young, but its not by business to judge them, they are not any less of a person.

Good luck.

Amolester

HSC
Participant Observation? Ahh... best of luck :) and it's a clever idea!
I'd suggest sticking this question in a survey, myself, if you haven't done so already, but here's my answer.
I think my gut reaction would be "whore", but one of my best friends on earth has had a couple of pregnancy scares...so I think it would remind me of her, and I'd kick myself for having that gut reaction. I think I'd also wonder how it got there (LOL bear with me here), as in was it her choice (because I know some girls make the choice), or was she just hasty, or even was it rape... it'd definitely get me thinking.

Yeah.
Anyway.
That's my 2c.
Best of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)