Pip help (1 Viewer)

staceysavidis

HSC
N/A
i was wondering if how someones clothing shapes identity is an overdone pip? i wanted to approach it by showing how different cultures can be recognised by the way they dress such as islamic cultures that wear the hijab and how that affects their identity. Its just an idea but I'm scared that this is an over done concept and will not favour me when it comes to marking.

mk27

HSC
i was wondering if how someones clothing shapes identity is an overdone pip? i wanted to approach it by showing how different cultures can be recognised by the way they dress such as islamic cultures that wear the hijab and how that affects their identity. Its just an idea but I'm scared that this is an over done concept and will not favour me when it comes to marking.
I wouldnt say it is overdone necessarily....but it is a broad topic. the more detailed the topic, the easier it will be when it comes to doing research. For example if youre doing how clothing shapes identity....choose one culture. you said you want to discuss islamic cultures. Go with that and then compare it to another culture..such as the Australian culture. HOWEVER...you will then need to go into WHY muslim women dress the way they do. You need detailed information on religion. Because the hijab originates for religious teachings, NOT cultural teachings. Get interviews from islamic women and how it shapes their identity.

stuff like that.

goodluck with your PIP! youll be relieved when its done :)

Elisa Sweet

HSC
I wouldn't worry too much about what others have done, cause yours is gonna be different anyways. If it interests you, then go for it. And what mk27 said was good. Good luck with it :)

mwilson

HSC
I am about to start my PIP and I'm interested in the media/advertising but can't narrow it down. Any suggestions?

Elisa Sweet

HSC
What interests you about the media/advertising? Maybe sport of food?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)