PIP help!!! (1 Viewer)

Ash88

HSC
Hi, I'm going to do my PIP on Cosmetic Surgery and how society views it. At least I think that's what I'll be doing ! Do anyone have any ideas as to how I can narrow this topic down, without it going over my head ??? I don't want my PIP to be superficial and go nowhere :( Please help !!!

Ash88

HSC
The cross-cultural component would either be male to female opinions, or perhaps comparing plastic surgery over time. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not I actually want to do this topic !!! What do u think ?

Abbeygale

HSC
Well, there are a lot of areas to look at with cosmetic surgery. There is the question of how young is too young- I believe Australia doesn't have a minimum age for girls to undergo breast augmentation, so long as you have parental permission and the surgeon is willing. There's cosmetic surgery as entertainment, with Extreme Makeover, The Swan, Dr 90210 (on foxtel) etc. The question of whether cs is a good or bad step to take when dealing with self esteem issues- some think so long as it helps them its positive, while others feel people need to learn to accept themselves as they are.
Any one of these questions would be sufficient as the basis of a PIP, I believe. And thats just two minutes of thought. Spend a couple of minutes brainstorming, see what aspect of it interests you most, and then decide if you can see yourself spending three months working on it.

Ash88

HSC
Thanx 4 your help Abbeygale !! Narrowing the topic down will be the hardest part of the PIP. Thanx 4 your ideas! :)

Jessisbored

HSC
i know this sounds aweful...but its a really popular topic. so if you thought it was original then thats a disappointment.

Ash88

HSC
I know it's not fully original. What topic is? So many people do topics on abortion, body image, drugs etc. It is so tough 2 do something completely original.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)