PIP survey. Quick and easy =) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassicGirl

HSC
Hello:
You are invited to participate in my survey about the influences family and peers(social) have on our identities after our teenage years at 18 years of age. In this survey, a number of people will be asked to complete a survey that asks questions about the extent to which family and peers influence you choices and belief systems (morals, ethics religion etc). It will take approximately 2 minutes to complete the questionnaire.

Your participation in this study is completely voluntary. There are no foreseeable risks associated with this project. However, if you feel uncomfortable answering any questions, you can withdraw from the survey at any point. It is very important for us to learn your opinions.

Your survey responses will be strictly confidential and data from this research will be reported only in the aggregate. Your information will be coded and will remain confidential.

This is the first survey ive written so if you have any feedback that could make it better or better questions i could ask, would be much appretiated :shy:

• How close are you with the members in your family?

Very Close
Close
Not to close
Not close at all

• Would you say your relationship with your family is stronger than that with your friends, or vice versa?

Yes, my relationship with my family is stronger than that with my friends
No, my friendships are stonger than that with my family

• Is your religion the same as your parents?

Yes
No

• Have your peers influenced your choice of religion?

Yes
No

• Have your peers influenced the morals and ethics you believe in?

Yes
No

• In the past, have your families or peers influenced the choices and decisions you’ve made?

Family
Peers
Neither

• As a teenager, was most of your time spent with family or friends?

Family
Friends

• In your own personal opinion, which group of people do you think have the most influence on your identity once you’ve reached the age of 18?

Family
Friends

9. Why do you think this?

Responses need by Sunday 17/02/2008

istoria90

HSC
oh i wantd 2 answer ur questionaire but i didnt no how ahaha :burn:
haha cuz i hav some questionaires i want people to answer but im not sure now to do it..
do u think you could help me??
by the way hi im roula
im in yr 12 at coffs harbour high..
uhhh im new on this so i dnt reali no how this works haha
my addy is x-enternal_tears_of_sorrow-x@hotmail.com
xoxox

istoria90

HSC

Not to close [close with my brother BUT NOT with my parents]

• Would you say your relationship with your family is stronger than that with your friends, or vice versa

Yes [orthodox/catholic]
    No [pfft NO]
    uhh im not sure.. maybe.. trying to make me good again..
  • In the past, have your families or peers influenced the choices and decisions you’ve made?
Family
Peers [BOTH]

Friends
  • In your own personal opinion, which group of people do you think have the most influence on your identity once you’ve reached the age of 18?
Friends

beacause my family dnt listen to me and dont understand the kids these days..
so i can realate to my friends and the other kids my age

I FIGURED IT OUT :D roula xxx

undalay

HSC

Not to close

• Would you say your relationship with your family is stronger than that with your friends, or vice versa?
Relationship with friends is stronger.

• Is your religion the same as your parents
Yes (Atheist, does that count?)

No

Yes

Peers more, but family also.

Friends

Friends

In our current society, there has been a very large cultural barrier between generations. Teenagers these days tend to have other young people as their rolemodels, and see their friends as "cool" with their parents as the epitome of "uncoolness".
Parents work many many hours during the week and can only spend few hours at home or out with kids. Compare this to the amound of time kids spend out with their friends/at school with their friends, obviously this time will be greater, and such the influence will be greater.

Responses need by Sunday 17/02/2008[/quote]

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
Very Close

Yes, my relationship with my family is stronger than that with my friends

Yes

Yes

Yes

Neither
Family
Older brothers lol

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Not to close

Yes

No

Yes, to an extent on some things. But i would say they haev shaped them more than influenced them.

Family
Peers

Family, but i had a car etc, i would have chosen to spend mroe time with friends

Friends

When you are an adult, you generally speaking spend mroe time with your friends than your family, and as such they influence what you become. That said i think you have more control over it than anyone else, but in my person experiance i spend mroe time with friends, therefore i find that i value what they say more in a way.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
Close

Yes (none)

No

Yes

both
probably friends.
i don't think one has had more over the other.

because they both have different influences on different issues. sorry im not definitive either way.

Cerry

HSC
How close are you with the members in your family?Close - With my parents, not so much with my brother

Would you say your relationship with your family is stronger than that with your friends, or vice versa?
My friendships are stonger than that with my family

Is your religion the same as your parents?
No - Mother is an ordained minister, father has theological training, I maintain that Dave Grohl is God (They're pretty good natured about it though)

Have your peers influenced your choice of religion?

No

Have your peers influenced the morals and ethics you believe in?

Yes - As have my family. But I'll happily tell anyone to go and jump off a bridge if they try to make me change my mind when I don't want to

In the past, have your families or peers influenced the choices and decisions you’ve made?

Family
Peers

As a teenager, was most of your time spent with family or friends?

About even

In your own personal opinion, which group of people do you think have the most influence on your identity once you’ve reached the age of 18?

About equal

Why do you think this?
My family are part of who I am, whether I like it or not. My friends are part of who I am because I choose for it to be that way.
In the end, my family have influenced me more, purely because of circumstances (we move alot, so I've lost contact with a lot of people I was friends with before), but my friends have probably had more drastic influences on me. And I'll ignore every member of my family, and all my friends if I feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)