PIP - topic? (1 Viewer)

tickle2death

HSC
do you think that the topic of christianity is a good area to research on the perspetives and views on it..

Cindi_99

HSC
Um it might be ok.You could also include in your reasech the changing views in Christianity about issues past and present, such as the gay debate, sex before marriage, abortion and contraception. And maybe the why the attitudes of Christains themselves, teens and young adults have changed. Just a suggestion. You just have to make sure that there is secondary research done already on the topic and that primary research will be easy to obtain with good research methodologies. From what I’ve been told, there should be cross cultural element, and that you can talk about not only the fundamental course concept (society, culture, persons, time ect) but others, like change, continuity, globalisation, values, gender and beliefs.

You probably know all that, coz it has been drilled into me by my teacher. If in doubt, wait until you go back to school and ask your teacher. I'm still fine tuning my topic too. Its harder than I anticipated. Good luck!

Kulazzi

HSC
that's fine. just as cindi 99 described, you must have a cross-cultural comparison. I did my PIP on Christianity and Adolescent Identity - if you can pm me ur email, I can forward onto you some parts of my PIP for you to have a look at.

jaihson

HSC
Perhaps yes, you could use the cross-cultural comparison of generations to see how Christianity is trying to remain relevant in contemporary society. I did Christianity as my Belief System focus and I looked alot at how its not so much the fundamental beliefs of the religion that have changed, but the way they are delivered to people, and made relevant to modern lives. For example, Revolve and Refuel magazines are published for teenagers. They are essentially magazines like Dolly, but with a Christian/Bible focus.
There was alot of stuff about how the Bible itself is 'culturally-specific', and is interpreted differently by the younger generation also.
Just an idea you could explore

tickle2death

HSC
Oh, thanks guys!!!

i didn't really think that anyone would reply. Thanks again. Yes, my PIP is still based around Christianity but i have now refined my question to the - media. post war.

so i am looking at movies,music,magazines,cartoons, art depictions. the whole lot and primary research as well.

but i am wondering about my cross cultural perspective. would it be - location - hollywood films, (passsion of the christ) music from hillsong and my intervieews of both genders. is there any other content of cross sultural perspectives other than, location, gender,ethnicity,location and socio economic status??

would choosing my intervieews as christians and non - christians be a good idea??
Once again, thanks for all the help. i really appreciate it !!! ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)