Pip Topics Of '07' (1 Viewer)

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Mine's long, it doesnt have a name yet soooo:

An investigation of the resurgence of conservative ideology through a comparison of conservative Christianity and conservative Islam.

PS The OP should share too ;)

GL everyone ^__^

BayLee

HSC
Wow i was considering a branch of ideology as well or else teleology and social philosophy.
Anyone got any ideas on a focus question to narrow down such a broad spectrum of topics?

MezOnToast

HSC
BayLee: I wish i could help!

I'm doing mine on mental health. Not sure which aspect yet, either changing attitudes towards it, or the media's perception...something along those lines.

jessdoit

HSC
Something about youth and catholicism. Haven't quite figured out which angle to approach it with yet...

EnterThe Circus

HSC
ohh man i have no idea.
I've got 3 in mind but i really don't know what to do. It's gonna be really hard to get a topic as nothing i come across i am completey content with.

*miranda*

HSC
I'm doing something do with Muslims in Australia - haven't really narrowed it down yet. I mentioned it to a friend the other day and she was like 'wow that sounds really racist' - but its not meant to be she just interpreted it really strangely! I've been busily collecting all the articles about the Sheiks comments....but I need to start work on getting a focus question.
Good luck everyone!

piracer

HSC
im doing mine on foie gras and societies ideas on it.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
In regards to topics being viewed as 'racist' or whatever, I'm very well informed that PIP markers prefer things which are current in society, however, having said that, if you're going to do something which is of high-public-interest, make sure you cover all your bases. It's not going to be easy, so don't leave it to the last minute.

Kulazzi

HSC
*miranda* said:
I'm doing something do with Muslims in Australia - haven't really narrowed it down yet. I mentioned it to a friend the other day and she was like 'wow that sounds really racist' - but its not meant to be she just interpreted it really strangely! I've been busily collecting all the articles about the Sheiks comments....but I need to start work on getting a focus question.
Good luck everyone!
If you are focusing on the role of women in Islam and portraying them as oppressive and not having enough "freedom" then let me know.

Kulazzi

HSC
SiZmOs said:
In regards to topics being viewed as 'racist' or whatever, I'm very well informed that PIP markers prefer things which are current in society, however, having said that, if you're going to do something which is of high-public-interest, make sure you cover all your bases. It's not going to be easy, so don't leave it to the last minute.
Exactly. The more current, the better. For example, you can examine the state's response into the riots which occurred in NSW in the past 2 years (redfern, macquarie fields and cronulla). For example, how the police were "pursuing" TJ and the two teenagers (Mac. Fields) which eventually led to their death. The police denied this (however I think from memory, the police admitted it in relation to the Mac. Fields riots). Michael Hollingsworth was promoted (one of the cops pursuing TJ). In the cronulla riots, how a youth of middle-eastern appearance got 3 months in jail for burning an australian (which I do not dispute with) however a young man of anglo appearance was granted bail for possessing riot helmets, a pocket knife, capsicum spray, an unlicensed pistol (and a few more) which I do disagree with......

These are just some rough points in the abuse of power with an authoritative figure (i.e. the state - police, courts etc.) and of course equality and egalitarianism come into issure here as well. Don't think I am against the police (for mentioning these), I am just pointing out some flaws which you can expand on.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Good to see you around the PiP threads again, Kulazzi :wave:

Kulazzi

HSC
SiZmOs said:
Good to see you around the PiP threads again, Kulazzi :wave:
lol. Aw, thanks Sizmos! :shy: I've been busy with assessments and exams but am now free (thank god!).

Thanks for covering my position while I was away =)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
I do what I can. You seem much more able to come up with stuff right away (like in the other thread) than I can. But hey, it's what we're here to do, right? Help the younglings.

Guys and girls, Kulazzi is pretty much the know-it-all when it comes to anything PIP related. Any questions you ask, make sure she has an input!

Kulazzi

HSC
SiZmOs said:
I do what I can. You seem much more able to come up with stuff right away (like in the other thread) than I can. But hey, it's what we're here to do, right? Help the younglings.
Thanks again Simon...you can stop now! :p :shy:

Guys and girls, Kulazzi is pretty much the know-it-all when it comes to anything PIP related. Any questions you ask, make sure she has an input!
You really know how to compliment a lady don't you ;) :p

Last edited:

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
:)
I'm not trying to get anywhere, so don't be afraid. But if you'd prefer I stop with the compliments, by all means. :(

Kulazzi

HSC
SiZmOs said:
:)
I'm not trying to get anywhere, so don't be afraid. But if you'd prefer I stop with the compliments, by all means. :(
There is a more direct way of complimenting a lady ;)

What does OP mean (first poster and I saw it in another thread here)? :confused:

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Kulazzi said:
Oh *slaps hand on forehead*

Thanks! Obviously...!
:) I've asked stupider questions in the past.

If ever not sure about something online, consult the urban dictionary.
--
Urban dictionary is not recommended for students undertaking their PIP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)