pip (1 Viewer)

faatalbert

can anyone suggest what i can focus on for my pip
i want to do why do we celebrate christmas, but i dont know what to focus on with like believers or non beliver or across time.

please help

lula

HSC
faatalbert said:
can anyone suggest what i can focus on for my pip
i want to do why do we celebrate christmas, but i dont know what to focus on with like believers or non beliver or across time.

please help
i think that christmas is a good PIP to do, our teacher is always saying that one of us should do it but we are not. but i think it would be interesting coz not everyone celebrates it like we do. GOOD LUCK :)

staceyh

HSC
Hey!

Maybe you could do something like how the value of Xmas has dissolved in the 21st Century and consequently how social values have changed, altering teens perception of tradition and religion??
I mean Im a catholic and all I really think about round december is pressys then new year?!!?!

Good Luck

faatalbert

i dont understand what u mean by how social values have changed, altering teens perception of tradition and religion??

leah1987

HSC
Christnmas!!

Well I know somebody that was going to title it "profit or prayer" but she not doing it now. It focuses on how comtemporiused society is, and how christmas is no longer a religious time, rather a time to get presents........!! Good Luck

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
well, you could say how its evolved to include everyone of all cultures and not just those of christian-background. As not exactly everyone celebrates it because really- its part of the christian belief, and if you do statistical analysis- the majority of the population arent all part of the christianity belief system.

Christmas has evolved to be incorporated into practically all peoples lives- The fact its a public holiday, the shop sales, the presents, santa claus myth, the christmas card tradition, christmas dinner- Some people celebrate it because its a necessity of their beliefs- the birth of JC, while others do it as a means of taking advantage of a public holiday and relaxing. And the presents and sharing has no limits-everyone gives each other presents- the sharing and love factor provokes people to celebrate? lol, i have no idea what im talkin about :confused: , just trying to help lol.

Abbeygale

HSC
suger_plum said:
profit or prayer, is brilliant
then you could do a cross cultural study of christmas and hannuakah
or christmas in australia, and christmas in say germany
I think a cross cultural between two predominantly Christian nations would just end up as a narrative comparison with no real depth- Australia celebrates on this day, but Germany celebrates on that day, Australia has Santa Clause while German kids wait for the Christkind, etc etc. An interesting cross cultural might be with Australia and Japan, as a nation that is predominantly Shinto/Buddhist, but still celebrates Christmas.
However, its generally advisable to pick something you can do as a primary methodology. Maybe consider case studies of an agnostic/atheist family that still celebrates Christmas (or 'Giftmas', as some call it when it loses the Christian basis) and a devoutly Catholic family (because they would attend the Midnight Mass, etc).

megz_4

HSC
what about what christmas means to people today. To some people it might be the religious side, to others it might be presents or like it is for me it might be family. You could still use different cultural backgrounds as your cross-cultural comparison

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)