Pizza Hut gave my friend Food Poisoning? (1 Viewer)

akrinis

HSC
Umm, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Two weeks ago a friend of mine bought pizza at Pizza Hut at Canley Vale and said when she got home and ate it, shortly after she and her brothers began to vomit. She had to be taken to hospital and missed a couple of school days.

Anyway, I think this is a very serious issue and someone needs to deal with it, so I contacted Customer Service through email and today they got back to me, asking for

Your mailing address and contact phone number
Delivery address if different from your mailing address
The phone number you placed the order under

My friend said her family did not complain to the restaurant because they did not want to make a big deal out of this, but I think it isn't right to let this case go.

Please share your opinion on what should be done about this.

I'm going to ask her personally tomorrow if she wants to pursue it any further, and I'll try to convince her to. I get the feeling she does nto want to her family to get involved in this case legally, so is there anyway she can speak to them without her parents knowing?

And, since I made the complaint, would it have to be me that provides the details? I have no problem with that, but as I am not the 'intended recipent', can I complain on my friend's behalf?

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
maccas gave me food poisoning.

Robin Hood

HSC
Contacting the head office of Pizza Hut is a good start. If your unhappy with their response go to the ACCC (i think).
Depending how far they are willing to go though the parents might get involved eventually.

MedKid

HSC
Take it up with Pizza hut Dont let it go, its some Bodgy work from the pizza markers this happens more and more often. one time i was at pizza hut and i literally SAW someone pick their nose while making the pizza and a booger fell into the pizza. i dont know who's pizza it was but i got my refund and left.
this stuff is serious getting hospitalized, should be taken up with Head office as said by Robin hood

call their Customer service Line and Complain number is their don't leave this matter 1300 553 899

bawd

HSC
MedKid said:
Take it up with Pizza hut Dont let it go, its some Bodgy work from the pizza markers this happens more and more often. one time i was at pizza hut and i literally SAW someone pick their nose while making the pizza and a booger fell into the pizza. i dont know who's pizza it was but i got my refund and left.
this stuff is serious getting hospitalized, should be taken up with Head office as said by Robin hood

call their Customer service Line and Complain number is their don't leave this matter 1300 553 899
Gosh. That's gross. I'm never eating Pizza Hut again. :cold:

johony

HSC
i'm sure Pizza Hut will investigate the matter carefully and will try to placate you by giving you 10 free pizzas or some bullshit like that.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
johony said:
i'm sure Pizza Hut will investigate the matter carefully and will try to placate you by giving you 10 free pizzas or some bullshit like that.
Hahahaha true. Call customer service [again] or contact the ACCC.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Fact is, though, most fast food places where the food is prepared by apathetic teenagers are at risk of this sort of thing happening.

what else?

HSC
My brother bought a pizza from pizza hut that had a moth cooked into the cheese.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
Hahahaha true. Call customer service [again] or contact the ACCC.
You should report it: http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au...ke-a-complaint-about-food-or-a-food-business-

"The NSW Food Authority is responsible for ensuring that NSW consumers get access to safe and correctly labelled food.

If you have a problem with food or a food business you can contact the Authority by:

Telephone on 1300 552 406
Facsimile on (02) 9647 0026
Email on contact@foodauthority.nsw.gov.au
Letter to:
Consumer & Industry Contact Centre
c/- NSW Food Authority
PO Box 6682, SILVERWATER, NSW, 1811.

Alternatively, contact your local council. The Authority and local councils share the workload and have agreed to refer complaints to each other depending on who is best placed to address them. Either way, your complaint gets into the system and will be dealt with by the most appropriate organisation.

It is important that if you are feeling unwell you should separately seek medical advice."

Their's no legalities involved if you complain, NSW Food authority if they recieve other complaints aswell will inspect the premise(s) and look for abnormalities. If they have breached any health regulations they will be named and shamed, fined, etc. http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/penalty-notices/

Please ensure your friend does complain, I used to work at various Pizza Hut as a driver, i know just how filthy some of them are.

Last edited:

akrinis

HSC
theshortykatt said:
What would complaining to Pizza Hut do?
And what would not complaining do? Allow them to keep their poorly managed staff around to poison more people? Did you know many cases of Food Poisoning go unrecorded because people are too frightened to face the big franchises or they they cannot be bothered going through with all the hassles?

If we continue not to report cases like this, what is it telling them about us? That we're easily intimdated people who simply 'don't want to make a big deal out of it' as my friend's family claims. Food businesses are continuing to make money while cases like these are ignored and simply cast aside as second to none.

Selling consumers unsafe food is not only an offense according to the NSW Food Act 2003, it is unethical and reflects poorly on the management and staff of a food outlet.

I already sent a follow up email to the one I received and I'm expecting a response by tomorrow. In addition to this, I also contacted the Food Authority of NSW, and my local council (Fairfield).

I want the community to know about what has happened, for Pizza Hut Canley Vale to personally apologise to my friend, and for their restaurant to be investigated by health inspectors. The manager needs to be reprimanded and talked to sternly about any concerns with the staff not doing an adequate job.

The store should also offer compensation to all their victims, not wait to be asked.

Garygaz

HSC
I used to work at pizza hut. When higher management aren't on, the place goes to the shits. Complain, don't take any free shit like pizzas and vouchers from them either, which is what they will probably try to give you. After working there I will never eat there again.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
scarybunny said:
Fact is, though, most fast food places where the food is prepared by apathetic teenagers are at risk of this sort of thing happening.
Exactly. If people want real, healthy, well prepared food, go elsewhere or make your own! Fast food workers have to work to strict times and with bossy managers etc., we aren't perfect. And we're underpaid so we can't help but give slightly less of a damn.

HSC
I got food poisoning from maccas in like year 8 (chicken nuggets).
Nothing like chucking bright pink thick shake in public.

Golly I'm classy.:eek:

cxlxoxk

HSC
settle*precious said:
I got food poisoning from maccas in like year 8 (chicken nuggets).
Nothing like chucking bright pink thick shake in public.

Golly I'm classy.:eek:
is that why ur vego?

i wish i could convert to vego. but i have been eating meat for so long, its hard to quit!

and its not like there are any guides on becoming vego! =(

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
is that why ur vego?

i wish i could convert to vego. but i have been eating meat for so long, its hard to quit!

and its not like there are any guides on becoming vego! =(
Nahh, animal cruelty :) http://coveredinsnow.wordpress.com/2008/10/06/dssd/#comments

watch that ^ and you will find it easier to convert.
I've been vego for almost 4 years now :D

Lol, you can get books and/or sites with help about it. Its pretty much DON'T EAT FLESH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)