• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

plagiarism again (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I plagarised in the HSC
some of my english essays that I wrote in the HSC exam were basically cut and paste jobs out of lots of various sources. In the HSC exams, there is just no provisor to reference your material, and it seems HSC markers either dont care or dont know the material well enough to recognise plagiarism.

I agree the HSC encourages this, because at the end of the day, the one thing that matters is marks, and u'll get those marks any way u can.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
yeah, plagarising beats the hell out of writing and building up your ability to write.

just cut and paste bits from essays which are good and u now got urself a copy of a super essay. and in the end you still get the marks.

all you need to do it just remember the essay beforehand and u score high.

thumb

34t43
HSC
N/A
I have two questions to pose before answering your question.

1. Isn't this a "dodgy" way of doing research? and;
2. Are you related to Miranda Devine?

My opinion is that while plagiarism may run rife, there is a much larger problem and that is: tutors writing essays for their students. This way the information is completely relevant, easily accessible and the student can't be caught.

Last edited:

big_will08

my legal studies teacher tried to take away that "plagerism" problem as well as the "get your tutor to do your essay" stuff!

she lets us bring in news paper articles and stuff into class and hand them in in an envelope

the next couple of lessons (i think it was 3 lessons) we were to write our essays IN class, at the same time we could look at our newspaper articles

it wasnt really an exam...or else you'd be calling it an open book test but i reckon it was an effective way to reduce bias, plagerism and stuff!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
oi! someone here who reads the tele
did you see the article?

*wanders off to look for a daily telegraph*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)