planning on transfering into law! please explain (1 Viewer)

mikool1996

HSC
hi..i'm considering doing commerce and hoping to transfer into law. can someone explain how it works and the requirement in order to transfer?

Lina3

HSC
Hi :)
We were just talking about this on another forum. It seems that in order to have a very high chance of making it in, you need an ATAR of 98+ and HD Average or an ATAR of 99+ and at least a D average.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Hi :)
We were just talking about this on another forum. It seems that in order to have a very high chance of making it in, you need an ATAR of 98+ and HD Average or an ATAR of 99+ and at least a D average.
With a HD average they won't even need to consider your ATAR (unless it's like below 90), as much as they look at both 50/50, that's only if you're around the low D mark, with a HD+ they accept ATARs 93+ (or 90+ with a very high HD)

YoloStudent

HSC
N/A
Will you be able to get the ATAR of over 90?

But if that course is your dream, don't let the ATAR stop you, keep striving for it. For a dream is worth pursuing, keep striving to get into it. You do not want to do anything below for you will regret not pursuing it. And when you have a family and your child wants to tell you his/her dream of doing doctor of medicine or something or that he/she wants to get 99.95 (if it is still ATAR at that time), you will remember the dream you failled to achieve and you will pass that to your child, looking at his/her marks, saying "Sorry, Son/Daughter. It's impossible."

Achieving your dream is not just for you. It is for your future generation. You want to tell your child when he/she tells you his/her dream, "Go for it, son/daughter. Go for it... just like how I did." You will be a role model to your child by achieving you dream, your child will look up to you. Remember this and let this motivate you to strive for your dream.

Let me leave you with this quote: "Live so that you die with memories, not dreams".

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
Hi OP!
When you're in highschool, transferring seems like such an ordeal, but the reality is that many students do transfer and it isn't as complex as you'd think. In fact, probably half of law friendship circle are transfer students. I remember reading something USYD had published, where they recommend an ATAR of 97+ and a Distinction average in order to be competitive. Hope this helped.

YoloStudent

HSC
N/A
go fuk urself minh!
As I've learnt from someone, it is not a good idea to mention someone's name on the internet (seventhroot I believe it was)
Probably not nice to swear at whoever is trying to help you... unless it was rotelearning but even then, try and resist the urge to swear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)