planning to do nursing in sydney, idk where tho :'( (1 Viewer)

qad1623

HSC
im considering applying for UTS and ACU
Already sent my application to ACU north syd as i live close by and the tuition fee is less depressing for a sad, introverted international student. But UTS seems like a fun place to be in, i heard a lot of great things about environment and uni life from a friend there. From what I've researched, both are good for nursing, I just can't make up my mind.
Anyone with experience studying at these uni willing to share their thoughts? How's support for students there, or any other uni that offers nursing for that matter? Also, my ATAR is kinda mid - 78.65 (did it in 2021), so would it even be possible to go into UTS :oops:?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
As far as I'm aware, the university that you attend to study a Bachelor of Nursing does not affect your employability (i.e. this typically is not a primary consideration for aspiring nursing students). Based on this, and given your case, factors that play an important role in making an informed decision include fees, transport/distance, the life aspect of a particular university and whether you meet the academic requirement(s) for admission.

You will most likely receive an offer for ACU's Bachelor of Nursing since your ATAR exceeds the ATAR requirement for this degree, which is good as it adds a bit of certainty that you will still have the opportunity to study nursing in the event that you don't receive an offer from UTS (or another university). In terms of UTS's Bachelor of Nursing, your ATAR is very close to the lowest selection rank (LSR) of the full-time study option, being 78.95. Depending on whether you took any relevant subjects and your HSC marks in those, you may be eligible for adjustment factors, which can increase your chances of receiving an offer to study this degree. You can check the specific subjects and the level of performance required for adjustment factors to be applied using the following link:

Another option that you may wish to consider is WSU's Bachelor of Nursing. Assuming the Parramatta South campus is closest to where you live, your ATAR falls slightly below the ATAR requirement for this degree, being 80.15. However, similar to UTS, you may be eligible for adjustment factors depending on the subjects that you took and the HSC marks that you received in those. You can check the specific subjects and the level of performance required in order for adjustment factors to apply through the link below:

Generally speaking, each university will offer some form of activities that will contribute to its social life aspects, whether it be through clubs, societies and events run by a particular institution. You should consider your own preferences in terms of social life and compare them to the activities offered at each university, allowing you to establish links and possibly assist you in choosing the university that is most suited to your needs:

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)