• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Playing dumb or really smart (1 Viewer)

boris2003

HSC
Here's a little something I would like to hear your opinions about. There is this guy at my school who reckons he can get a uai of 70. After calculationg all his marks from all of the subjects together this whole year, he has got 28/50. Knowing that there are 50 marks up for grabs, he reckons he can get a uai of 70. So a small group of us proposed him a bet, which went from $20-$250 on the end. Whoever wins ofcourse gets it. He is not coming first in any of his classess, and never studies, though claims that his first study day this whole year will be in the last week. Four of us claim that he doesn't have a chance and that he has blown his $250 the moment he agreed to the bet, while he goes: "You will be surprised by the mark I will receive". So my question is stated in the title, is he playing dumb, or can he actually do it. Is that possible, Note: He has never studied this whole year.
Let's hear your opinions,
Cheers

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
He sounds like one of those people that do nothing for average marks. If he can pull his shit together, and do some study...
say bye to your cash.

That or you never see any cash cause he skips town after the HSC

sinist4

HSC
bet.... i'd say LOL, even if you lose ur money, if he does good he'll increase ur class average ^^ :)

boris2003

HSC
hey as his friend i want him to make it, don't really care about the cash, oh his ranks are really bad, 3,12,18,4,(30 something), cannot remember
Cheers.

ko0l

Old man
HSC
jb_nc said:
What the hell does 28/50 mean?
all his internal marks added up
the other 50 is the final external exam

Read this and you will ""ya know eh?"

http://community.boredofstudies.org...s-tricks-part-1-year-12-info-round-up/11.html

if he goes to a shit school he wont get even 70
bad scaling subjects + no one even gets over 80 at his school. or even 70 last year.

Suicide is imminent.
Careful he wont make it trust me.
poor scaling subjects + poor marks = a uai which is much much lower than his average mark across his subjects.

ice ken

HSC
boris2003 said:
Here's a little something I would like to hear your opinions about. There is this guy at my school who reckons he can get a uai of 70. After calculationg all his marks from all of the subjects together this whole year, he has got 28/50. Knowing that there are 50 marks up for grabs, he reckons he can get a uai of 70. So a small group of us proposed him a bet, which went from $20-$250 on the end. Whoever wins ofcourse gets it. He is not coming first in any of his classess, and never studies, though claims that his first study day this whole year will be in the last week. Four of us claim that he doesn't have a chance and that he has blown his $250 the moment he agreed to the bet, while he goes: "You will be surprised by the mark I will receive". So my question is stated in the title, is he playing dumb, or can he actually do it. Is that possible, Note: He has never studied this whole year.
Cheers
70??? thats like so low of course he can get it laterz to u budy

zizou10-5

HSC
Lol y the hell did u bet? wat the hell, plenty ppl r like dat. so called friends r like oh i'm gonna fail, na i didn't study man, n den boom ace the test.
oR LIKE I DON'T STUDY MUCH, N DEN DEY IOPEN THEIR EXERCISWE BOOK, N ITS FULL OF WORKING OUT equations n other topics lol. If hes so confident, he must be studying in secret.

volition

arr.
HSC
He could easily be studying and just lying. You guys were stupid to place that much money on this

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
boris2003 said:
Cheers
And, how the fuck should we know?
you and you are friends are playing dumb, for making such large bets, without realising that he could easily pull his socks up and consequently shove it back in your faces.

Last edited:

Tim035

HSC
I had two friends last year... One who was going out partying and getting smashed every weekend till the hsc and another one who did nothing every afternoon and weekend but surf.
The first got a UAI of 72
The other got a UAI of 68.

If this guy pulls his Sh*t together for the next 2 weeks he'll easily be taking ur cash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)