• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

PlayStation Portable (PSP) (1 Viewer)

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I don't think $399 is very cheap at all, it's too expensive for a pure games machine (with net hacks on the side). Of course, that's just my cheapass opinion ;)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well it has the potential to do a lot more.

A keyboard has been developed for it. And Sony recently added a built in browser in the 2.0 firmware (and they will likely add more capabilities later; i.e word processing, calulctor, organiser etc etc)

carpediem

HSC
$399!!! cheap?!?!? anything with 3 digits scare me yes i am a tightarse

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
It'll come in handy for my daily 2 hour train trips.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
who's going to waste money buying those specially designed DVDs for the PSP? really stupid in my opinion unless all DVDs become that size.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Not me, I have plenty of movies, tv eps and prem league matches ready to convert for my 1 gig mem stick.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
$399 is realli cheap man....
i remember buying a top of the range sony md walkman for $800 back in high school
and that only plays music...
this psp can play music, play games, watch movies, look at pictures, chat on msn, surf the net.. and with a usb port . da accessories will keep on coming out..

but the downside is he memory sticks cost a bit .. if you want a 2gb memory stick .. it costs more than your psp ! lol

transcendent

HSC
N/A
get second rate Memory Sticks then. i can get a 1Gb one for $120. i laughed at people who got MDs back in those days. i never wanted one. waste of money. i didn't understand the logic behind paying $800 for an MD.

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
Dingo2004 said:
$399 is realli cheap man....
i remember buying a top of the range sony md walkman for $800 back in high school
and that only plays music...
this psp can play music, play games, watch movies, look at pictures, chat on msn, surf the net.. and with a usb port . da accessories will keep on coming out..

but the downside is he memory sticks cost a bit .. if you want a 2gb memory stick .. it costs more than your psp ! lol
$399 cheap? I imported one for around $350 and it includes RR and Wipeout Pure. It's also v1.5, so you could do the <ahem> stuff.

Riewe

HSC
Cheap is the Nintendo DS. I've seen it for less than $180 (half the price of PSP), and its games can be about $20 RRP cheaper as well. So when i have some time and spare cash, you know what i'll be getting

click here

to see my profile
HSC
remember to check for dead pixels when you buy your PSP...I heard it was a common problem when the PSP was launch in the US

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Dingo2004 said:
no point waiting.. by da time da price dropped.. sumthing else new will b out.. and you will b behind in the trend !!.. gotta always keep up with da trend u see

hahaha
I don't follow trends. It's gay to follow trends. Are you gay? *nods

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
i've preordered a PSP from EB but their first shipment is sold out so i won't get it till next week. did the trade in 10 PS2 games and get $100 off thing. Gonna get Metal Gear Ac!d. Me loves Metal Gear.. even if it is really different...*salivates*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)