please give me ur opinios. (1 Viewer)

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC
in the case, when my Eglish assement task mark is around 70, can i achieve a UAI of 85+ . Im doing maths 4units, ESL, engineering studies, vietnamese and physics

Last edited:

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC
my bad, i thought i put in my english mark at the begining of the post

HSC
sonic1988 said:
in the case, when my Eglish assement task mark is around 70, can i achieve a UAI of 85+ . Im doing maths 4units, ESL, engineering studies, vietnamese and physics
Yeah definitely! But you will probably need nothing lower than 80's in the rest and perhaps one subject in the 90's

pboy_

HSC
hey juz an expansion on the above question. but if my AVERAGE assessment mark is like 60-70 and i do 4u maths adv eng phys chem bio, is it possible to get uai 85-95?

pboy_

HSC
how good does it have to be. i got like 325 ppl in my year total.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
youre doing pretty good scaling subjects
what school do you attend atm?
maybe aim for top 10-15% in everything then youll get 85+

pboy_

HSC
St marys senior high. the rank system there is kinda gay. like the rank of two ppl that differ in mark by 1 have a difference in rank by like 10 or something coz of all the ppl. how would that affect aggregation n stuff. so basically ur assessment marks are practically negiligible wen it comes to hsc. just the external exam n ur rank?

HSC
pboy_ said:
hey juz an expansion on the above question. but if my AVERAGE assessment mark is like 60-70 and i do 4u maths adv eng phys chem bio, is it possible to get uai 85-95?
I'd say that would get you something in the low 80's.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
pboy_ said:
even with an external mark between 80-90?
well that depends on how your cohort goes
remember 50% of your hsc mark goes towards your exam
the other 50% goes towards your assessment mark, and that determines how your other students go
eg, if you came 3rd in english, then you will get the 3rd highest exam mark as your assessment mark

http://community.boredofstudies.org...na/6642/explanation-hsc-marks-moderating.html
i suggest reading this thread to answer all your questions regarding to marks and ranks

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

pboy_ said:
If you want an estimation, I averaged 75-85% in my subjects during my HSC year, I ended up getting a mid-90 UAI. My school was ranked top 100.

But it totally depends on your cohort, if they are smart they will help you significantly but it also helps even more if you are ranked high, I could have got a higher UAI but since my ranks internally were quite bad my moderated assessment mark for most of my subjects were lower than the HSC exam mark, hence it brought those marks down.

Just aim for a high rank then you have a sort of an advantage in the HSC and even if you screw up your cohort may still help you out a bit

HSC
pboy_ said:
even with an external mark between 80-90?
I'm basing that on my UAI. I averaged 60's and 70's in everything. And I did similar subjects to you. Although my exams brought up my marks somewhat, all in all I didn't get spectacular exam results, at least not substantial improvement. If you improve that obviously improves your chances for the UAI you need :)

pboy_

HSC
thnks fellas! i guess i juz gotta work hard.
hopefully so does my cohort.
peace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)