please help!!! i am not very smart lol! (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
hey all
my half yearly is coming up (3 hrs long) (im in standard engrish)
i am quite confused :(
for the question (i think its section 3 of the HSC) where we have to write our prescribed text, a poem from the booklet and 2 supplementary texts, right. do we have to memories themes/techniques for all poems in the text??? incase if they ask us on a specific one

also, if the above doesn't apply, would u suggest memorising a couple of poems to suit the question that they may ask???? Or can i memorise ALOT of themes in the one specific one, and that way i can select the themes that apply to the question and the ones that i can twist around

Thank you for your time, ;)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
i'd suggest learning a bit for each one otherwise ur brains going to go into overload. It might be an idea too to look at past exam papers to get an idea of the questions they ask and how it's set out ;)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hmm actually the best way to go..is.. ur question is in that Area of study format, correct? as in Your prescribed text + 2 related texts + 1 Stimulus text?

If so, then I'd prefer in your prescribed text (being a poem) to just pre-write out the recurrent issues in the poem, or techniques, because the big mark gainer in doing this essay, is how well u integrate it together with ur texts, unfortunately the teacher somehow hates us just stating themes of a poem, and a text separately.

So, here's how I did it for my half-yearlies.

Find 3 reccurrent issues (dont use the word themes, if u must call it, say the issue that journeys do not only result in personal growth..but...) or 2 issues then 1 technique which both texts have in common. This way u can link it easy through the same themes (similar or contrasting) or techniques being almost the same ^^ Hopefully it helped

Pace_T

HSC
hey thanks for your help people :):)

what i've done is only done one text from the stimulus booklet but identified many themes
in my notes its got subheadings of the themes (a fiar bit of themes) and which of the four texts does it apply to
so then if i remember them well (hopefully) then i can apply the ones that suit the situation well

also, i've heard that in standard english the range of questions they can ask is very limited, it's basically just asking the same thing but different format
i've checked numerous past papers but it isn't really making much sense to me (its so confusing :()
is this true?
thanks for your time :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Pace_T said:
hey thanks for your help people :):)

what i've done is only done one text from the stimulus booklet but identified many themes
in my notes its got subheadings of the themes (a fiar bit of themes) and which of the four texts does it apply to
so then if i remember them well (hopefully) then i can apply the ones that suit the situation well

also, i've heard that in standard english the range of questions they can ask is very limited, it's basically just asking the same thing but different format
i've checked numerous past papers but it isn't really making much sense to me (its so confusing :()
is this true?
thanks for your time :)
Generally the questions for 2u English, tend year after year to have similar requirements as to what to put into each essay, so long as you make appropriate reference to the question. If you have issues with what any of the questions are asking, you could post them and I would be willing to explain them.

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
If you think writing about four texts will be to much, do three.

You're better off doing THREE texts really well than FOUR really poorly.

You must however study the prescribed text (whatever you did, we did Rabbit Proof Fence), 1 from the BoS stimulis booklet and 1 text of your own choosing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)