Please Help me! (1 Viewer)

IamMary

HSC
Hey Guys,
It's my first time to post, but I really need some advice. I am interested in the bachelor of law/psychology (honours) at Macquarie Uni but the guaranteed entry mark is 94.05 . My atar is 91 and I also have an EAS as I am in a disadvantaged area, there is no definite atar requirement as the course is new, but do I still have a chance at getting an offer? The EAS gives me four bonus points, but I am unsure if I will receive them and I have contacted the uni and they have not replied back. Do I have a chance or should I go to UYSD and do arts and the transfer?
Please help me as I am really worried and stressed.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Lol, I'm aspiring to do that degree as well.

I think you should try to contact Macquarie again. If they haven't responded, then you might as well go to USYD and do arts and then transfer. If you make the latter choice, be prepared to work hard because they have specific requirements before you can transfer.

will90211

HSC
Hi there.

As I see it you have three options
1) Put the degree at the top of your pref list and hope for a late round offer
2) Get into Mac Unit doing B.Arts in Physc and transfer into Law in year 2
3) Go to Sydney

I'd go with option two. A whole ton of people who do transfers and it's not as bad as you might think. Plus, Macquaire has a very easy and simple transfer program.

Best of luck.

IamMary

HSC
Okay, I like the options you gave me, but I don't understand the offer / rounds, when is the late round offer? And if I was to transfer from Macquarie, is it easier than USyd?
Thanks for replying.

will90211

HSC
Hi again.

You can put your mac degree at your #1 pref knowing that you don't have the exact ATAR. If you don't get offered it during the main round you may very well get offered to do law/physc in the late round offer. I think the late offers are two weeks after the main one. If you don't want to take the risk you can go with the fail safe option of doing a standard Bachelor of Arts in Physc at mac for the first year (thus moving it to your first pref) and transfer into law in year 2 while keeping physc as your second degree/major. I've heard that Usyd is very bureaucratic. Macquriae is very straight forward.

Option 2 would entail this degree here for the first year:
http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/2014/DegreesDiplomas/Degree/Bachelor+of+Arts+-+Psychology

Last edited:

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Okay, I like the options you gave me, but I don't understand the offer / rounds, when is the late round offer? And if I was to transfer from Macquarie, is it easier than USyd?
Thanks for replying.
Hey whats up Mary ;)

Late round offers is basically anything after the main round, but before uni starts.

And yes, internal transfers are the quickest, easiest and best way to transfer. You won't have to go through the UAC crap etc. You might want to check out this also: http://mq.edu.au/pubstatic/public/download.jsp?id=135768.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)