Please help no idea wut2do (1 Viewer)

HSC
Can you guys please give me an idea of what I should do for my Extension History major project?
Also maybe idea on the question?
Please reply, would be appreciated
P.s. preferably topics with allot of historiography on..:tongue::chainsaw:

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Maybe you could take inspiration from the 2012 Extension History question on academic Vs Popular history? I remember when I was thinking of topics, I was thinking of popular history such as the British television series ''Horrible Histories'' however there were no debates surrounding the show itself, yet my teacher said I could still link popular history debates vs academic debates etc. However, I would suggest looking into another topic if you are interested in this area.

My other idea before I made my final decision was to look at how the Vietnam war is portrayed in Hollywood and how Vietnam portray the war, and the debate surrounding America often taking a heroic approach to the war, do they portray the right facts etc. Again, popular history.

That's all I got for now.

HSC
I think I want to do something about Che Guevera however i heard it was an overdone topic?

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Nothing's technically overdone or 'cliche', find something that you can really dive into and one which has a fair amount of resources to help back you up.

There have been people in the past who have gotten full marks on what many would call obvious topics simply because their information and what they did in terms of evidence analysis etc. was top notch.

HSC
hrrm thanks do you think Che Guevera has allot of good resources and historiography? I've always been interested in the Cuban Revolution but more specifically the personalities, especially Che.

Cheesecake_a

HSC
I actually did mine on Che Guevara, and got a really good mark for it. :) I am not sure if it is overdone to be honest, but my question that I made up was:

Is Ernesto ‘’Che’’ Guevara’s legacy one of a true revolutionary or a meaningless popular icon? Evaluate how this has changed over time and why.''

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :) Or if you don't do this, I will be loading my Extension stuff on the resource list so then people can maybe just look it at as a model of what they might do you know?

Cheesecake_a

HSC
hrrm thanks do you think Che Guevera has allot of good resources and historiography? I've always been interested in the Cuban Revolution but more specifically the personalities, especially Che.
Also you could ask your teacher to help you in taking different approaches to it. :)

CaffeineMotor

HSC
Certainly, after doing a lot on the Cuban revolution during prelim modern history, I noticed that it really is quite extensive. You can look at questions such as what kind of impact did Che have in the role of the revolution i.e. as in was the success of the revolution more a result of Batista's inadequate leadership and level of corruption? or the result of Che's Guerilla tactics etc...

Stuff like that. There's plenty of information, even just looking at timelines and tactics used, can help find answers to such questions.

Cheesecake_a

HSC
^Yes I agree. There are plenty of approaches you can take with this topic. :)

History 101

HSC
Maybe you could take inspiration from the 2012 Extension History question on academic Vs Popular history? I remember when I was thinking of topics, I was thinking of popular history such as the British television series ''Horrible Histories'' however there were no debates surrounding the show itself, yet my teacher said I could still link popular history debates vs academic debates etc. However, I would suggest looking into another topic if you are interested in this area.

My other idea before I made my final decision was to look at how the Vietnam war is portrayed in Hollywood and how Vietnam portray the war, and the debate surrounding America often taking a heroic approach to the war, do they portray the right facts etc. Again, popular history.

That's all I got for now.

This is really good stuff :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)