• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Please help with ATAR Estimate! (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh, 96 is a bit of a stretch.... I'm guesstimating 80-85. It may be a miracle if you hit 96..

hsclyf

HSC
Tbh, 96 is a bit of a stretch.... I'm guesstimating 80-85. It may be a miracle if you hit 96..
Oh man. 80-85 is definitely too low! I was hoping for maybe at least a 90. Will my cohort not pull me up a bit?

hsclyf

HSC
I'm wondering which top 5 school only has 25 Ext 2 Maths students.
I know for certain its not Ruse, NSB or NSG. So that means either Baulko or SG. But I can't imagine either of those schools has only one Ext 2 class.
It says Ext 2 English lol. Also the number of people in each subject are not exact because i'm not sure but they should be close.

enoilgam

HSC
I'd say 90 - 93, the median ATAR at a top 5 school is around 98, so I based my estimate off that.

hsclyf

HSC
Oops.

Anyway, 80-85 is way too low. You're looking at at least 90, possibly somewhat more.
Haha I think we have 3 Ext 2 Maths classes just for the record. Do you think a miracle of 96 would be plausible?

I'd say 90 - 93, the median ATAR at a top 5 school is around 98, so I based my estimate off that.
Thank you. That definitely sounds better than 80-85 thank goodness. I believe our median ATAR is around 97. Better get studying...

CM07

HSC
Just out of curiosity - do you go Sydney Girls?

enoilgam

HSC
Thank you. I am so glad to hear this. I haven't seen my school's estimate yet (denial?). I had better try turn the tables in one month.
I wouldn't rely on your school's one too much, many tend to underestimate in order to push you to work harder. In saying that though, all estimates shouldn't be relied upon.

hsclyf

HSC
I wouldn't rely on your school's one too much, many tend to underestimate in order to push you to work harder. In saying that though, all estimates shouldn't be relied upon.
Yes I understand. It's just that a 96 ATAR started to seem so much like an impossibility at this point and I wanted some kind of estimate to either motivate me or just make me give up. Thank you for your advice, it was appreciated.

Last edited:

hsclyf

HSC
I think your Ext 1 Maths is already on target for about 97 ATAR. So you just need to bring the other subjects up into line with this. Having said this, you will have to go VERY well in all of your subjects to get 96. Either that, or hope you are in an above average cohort for your school.
Somehow I managed to do better in 3u maths than 2u, logic. I just cannot find motivation to work harder to achieve better marks but I really hope I can pick myself together again and somehow magically ace externals and get ~96.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Somehow I managed to do better in 3u maths than 2u, logic. I just cannot find motivation to work harder to achieve better marks but I really hope I can pick myself together again and somehow magically ace externals and get ~96.
It's possible to pick yourself up :). Sorry about before... I just realised I under estimated your atar!

hsclyf

HSC
It's possible to pick yourself up :). Sorry about before... I just realised I under estimated your atar!
I sure hope so. Also, not a problem about before! You were trying to help :)

I'm heading off to bed now. Thanks to everyone for the help and advice! Much appreciated!

braintic

HSC
N/A
Could I suggest a partial solution to your problem - maybe instead of spending more than an hour late at night on the internet, you could just go to bed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)