please help with making foo please (1 Viewer)

clive guo

HSC
when i cook with alot of ingredients, lets say to stir fry, some things need more time to cook than the others. how do i make sure that they finish cooking at the same time. i dont want to cook everything separately.

also usually everything just tastes the same if it came out of the same pot but ive heard that the same dish can contain many different flavours. how to do that?

kkk579

hello
HSC
when i cook with alot of ingredients, lets say to stir fry, some things need more time to cook than the others. how do i make sure that they finish cooking at the same time. i dont want to cook everything separately.

also usually everything just tastes the same if it came out of the same pot but ive heard that the same dish can contain many different flavours. how to do that?
just put one ingredient that takes longer to cook in first then add the others in order of most time to cook to least time to cook idk

nsw..wollongong

HSC
i just had the most scrumptious serve of chem textbook and sciX bs

clive guo

HSC
I'm not a good cook, but uhm you cook everything in the same wok/vessel (at different time intervals) besides the protein (that needs to be cooked first and put aside).

You can put in the longest cooking ingredients (so like harder vegetables such as carrots and onions) first so it can get a headstart, and then after that you can put in other ingredients that need less time (such as the cooked protein, noodles, peas, etc) later on.

Also yeah everything will taste the same because it's integrated together in some sorta sauce I presume, dishes can't have different flavours at the same time, but you can create different sensations of umami, spicy, salty, bitter, sweet, sour etc.
but like say in a thai dish is the broccoli supposed to taste the same as the beef?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)