• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Please HELP! (1 Viewer)

MinaDoan

HSC
I am an oversea year 10 student and thinking about moving school when I finish the SC. The school I attend is catholic and too far away from home (30 mins train). It cost my parents like $18,000/yr. (will me much more expensive in senior plus the travel cost TT)

Also, i want to focus my study into Math and Science because I want to do Actuarial studies in uni. When I ask my parents, they say it depends on me as long as i aim for a good environment (with lots of good english speaking people ?!?!?! They even suggest MLC and God forgive me, my school fee is killing them because of the economic depression). Anw, i still can choose a school i want because they trust me :). I am thinking about moving to these schools:
_ Canley Vale High
_ Pal College
Can someone tell me which one should i choose. I am considering about Pal College. Moreover, what is the fee of Pal Education for one subject (such as Maths)?

Please help, i need to make a decision before next week!!

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
PAL COLLEGE

Fees

Local:

Year 7 to 11 - 4 terms per year
$5640.00 per year
OR $1410.00 per term

Year 12 - 3 terms in the year
$5640.00 per year
OR $1880.00 per term

International:

Year 7 to 10 - 4 terms per year
$14,000.00 per year
OR $3500.00 per term

Year 11 - 4 terms in the year
$16,000.00 per year
OR $4,000.00 per term

Year 12 - 3 terms in the year
$16,000.00 per year
OR $5,333.30 per term

• School fees are levied four times per year for Year 7,8,9,10 and 11 and three times a year for Year 12. Year 12 are billed at the beginning of terms One, Two and Three.
  • Student’s accounts are sent to the parents on the first day of each term and are due and payable within 30 days of receipt.
  • Siblings discount 10% 2<SUP>nd</SUP> child, 20% third child and subsequent children.
  • A student cannot commence a new term whilst fees for the previous term remain unpaid
  • A term’s notice in writing to the Principal is required for any withdrawal from the school. If notice is not received, a term’s fee is chargeable.
  • Payments can be made by cash or cheque only. If a payment is made by cheque then it should be made payable to PAL COLLEGE PTY LTD.
  • For International Students the School requests that a holding deposit of $2000.00 is paid to the school at the time of enrolment. This will be refunded when the student leaves the school after one term’s notice, or completes his/her education.
Taken from their website, obviously.

Also consider a selective school, they will boost your marks.

Alkanes

HSC
holy crap 18k a year? u must be a rich import lol

MinaDoan

HSC
Well, i am very sad using that much of my parent's money to study abroad. So i will try hard :)

MinaDoan

HSC
i currently attending Bethlehem College. It is a great Catholic school :X
Anw, i am changing to Pal College.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
btw wat school is this?
This private school in like Cabramatta or something, they focus a lot on maths and science. They've done pretty well in short time they've been around, top one hundred school etc. I think I'm talking about the right school.

MinaDoan

HSC
@mitchy boy: you were talking about the right school :).
Although they got really good result in HSC but there are not much subjects to select except for "lovely" Maths ^,^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)