• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Please help (1 Viewer)

Sambam429

HSC
In the exam can you write more than the lines provided? My writing is rather big so I can't fit it all on usually. Would I be better getting another writing booklet or just continue writing underneath?

astroman

HSC
don't think it's 'not allowed' but rather 'not recommended' i've seen some past HSC booklets and people write way over the lines and write to the bottom of the page, i'm not sure if it's the same for all subjects though.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
As my teachers in high school used to say- the person marking your exam probably is doing so at 11pm in a dimly lit room with a lamp and a cup of coffee in one hand. Don't make their life any harder than it needs to be. Just show that you are able to articulate your point and tick off the required knowledge quickly and cleanly.

ps. As others mentioned, you can ask for extra books if it's for the essay. Not recommended for short answer since it gets messy. The lines they provide should be more than enough to articulate a response which can earn full marks for most people.

chocolatecats

HSC
Yes you can use extra paper for the short answers but just be cautious that you're not spending heaps of time on a 2 mark question! The actual HSC papers have a spare page at the end of short answers if you need more lines for any of those questions. You can find a sample of in last years paper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)