PleaSE NEED!! he;[ pn first preliminary task (1 Viewer)

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
PleaSE NEED!! help on first preliminary task

ARGH!!!

please im in urgnet help...

i got this essay that says:
"explain why relations between the major european powers deteoriated at the beginning of the twentieth century"

i just need to know what format should i write it like and the main points i should be talking about...

i know this is too much of a leech but pleese

its my FIRST modern history task :_: Sniff!!

Last edited:

Fi

Into- main points outlined, answer the question
Body-- each point mentioned in intro should be elaborated here.
Conclusion--reiterate everything.

Remember u must have a good argument.

U should talk about....(this is from off the top of my head, so ignore it if u get confused)....the arms race between Britain and Germany, alliances between nations (This would be a major point)....e.g. the entete cordinal??( excuse my lack of accuracy).....this ultimately led to the formation of 2 sets of allies. This reminds me of Bismarck and his attempts to wage a war on one front, he secured an alliance with Russia.....and then it was broken off. ...explain the reasons behind this breakup. ummmmm sorry i can't think of anything else......ummm control of the English channel and north sea??? Sorry words and places are popping up in my head, which i guess relate to this topic. I'll re-visit my prelim work....if i still have them

Last edited:

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Hmmm thats a little wierd, i had to do the EXACT same assignment...

Its a pretty easy assignment really, the main point you want to get across is the role nationalism was playing at the time, and more specifically imperialism. The race for empire was all consuming among the major powers at that time, with Britain and France leading the way. Germany didnt realise how powerful she actually was untill quite late in the game, so her territorial ambitions turned to Europe itself - MAJOR FACTOR.
As Fi already mentioned talk about the entente cordial, the triple alliance and the triple entente, and explain the reason behind the alliance system.
Talk about Jingoism and the arms race as well as germanys national fear of invasion, the fear of war on two fronts as well as germanys growing industrial power. Germany was probably the strongest nation in europe at the turn of the 20th century which scared the shit out of Britain, Russia and especially France.

*Sigh* History is so interesting :p

meercat

Ahhh... this is such a stretch of the brain... cant remember back that far.

Basically u need to talk about
- nationalism
- Entangling alliances
- Militarism, arms raes and war plans
- Imperialism
- Domestic and human tensions
- Psychological fear of losing one's allies
- Exhaustion from relentless crisis and tensions (eg balkans and moroccan criseses (1905 and 1911)
- cultural dispair and fatalism
- willingness to risk war for minor goals

i think thats pretty much it. yeah we had a similar essay a while ago. good luck!

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
HEy dudes, i finished the assignment, and i got a 10/10

WOW thanks for ur help guys:D
TOPS

mon_mon

HSC
Gee, it just goes to show how you can do REALLY good at school, by bludging off others. and bludging of the internet. and then if you combine the 2, wow! instant A+! but seriously, keep up the good work space cap. :)

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Your not a leech, thats what these forums are here for.

Could i ask you what school you are at Space Cap? Your assessments have pretty much been the same as what i done last year

keenbeen

HSC
does any1 know anything about Bismarck being a machiavellian, and any historian giving reference to tht??? ive got almost everything else tht i need 2 kno ready.

cheers:karate:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)