pls help! - do the hsc again for different subs (1 Viewer)

monchhichi

HSC
hey guys, just wondering if you can help..

i was wondering, say i want to re-do my maths ext hsc and take up another hsc subject next year (but not at school) while doing my first year at UNI (just to boost up my UAI - chances for transferring second year) where can i do it and how??

please give me some advice, it'd be greatly appreciated :)

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
monchhichi said:
hey guys, just wondering if you can help..

i was wondering, say i want to re-do my maths ext hsc and take up another hsc subject next year (but not at school) while doing my first year at UNI (just to boost up my UAI - chances for transferring second year) where can i do it and how??

please give me some advice, it'd be greatly appreciated :)

if u pick up a subject u have to do it for 2 yrs (prelim and Hsc course)

if u go to uni after the 31st of march, u surrender ur UAI, but im not sure about hsc marks, u maybe surrendering them too (in terms of calculating a UAI to get into uni)

so i really dont think so.

also, r u sure u r going to do better this yr with maths?
many ppl have repeated and did not get a better mark (some worse)
it is not a good idea to only do 2 subjects either because u will take ur work less seriously.

SweetSeasons

HSC
actualy, I'd like to know this as well.. I'd really like to do the prelim and HSC metal technics course. Because one day I am going to be teaching it. I spose I'll be doing metal work @ uni, but I'd like you know to give my self a step up.

I dunno if it'll end up happening but.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to improve your chances of transferring, just concentrate on getting good uni marks in first year. If you do HSC courses at the same time as you have uni work, you'll likely drag down the marks for both.

Last edited:
HSC
TAFE's run a focus studies system in which you can complete 2 years in one, ie. the preliminary course for two terms and the HSC course for two terms.

I used the focus studies system to complete the chemistry and IPT courses in year 10, but it just wasn't for me. It was too rushed for my liking with assessment notifications being given out the moment you handed the previous assessment in. Some other people liked it, but no body i know who used that system right up to the end went well at all.

It would probably too much of a juggle to do the HSC and uni at the same time (timetable clashes) so pick one or the other.

Also, your uni marks will help you into other courses as well.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
TerrbleSpellor said:
It would probably too much of a juggle to do the HSC and uni at the same time (timetable clashes) so pick one or the other.

Also, your uni marks will help you into other courses as well.
I agree with this, I think its a rather bad idea to do a Bachelor and the HSC at the same time - too many people think that by repeating your marks will suddenly go sky high with no effort and its just not true, you'll have to put genuine effort in to your HSC to do well, and you'd be doing it while entering a whole new level of education at uni.

But if you do wish to undertake this combination of HSC and uni, it can only be done with TAFE if you desire new subjects. More information on that can be found in the link in my signature and in the TAFE forum if you head over there.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You could also apply for OTEN,
kami said:
a correspondence TAFE - they send you stuff and you send stuff back and you do your HSC exams at the nearest TAFE at the end of the year I believe.
Pink_Butterfly said:
OTEN sends me the content to read and I teach myself, if I have problems, I ring or email the teacher and they help me with my queries. When I have completed an assignment I send it to OTEN to mark and they send it back. I do it all at home in my own time...

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
You could also apply for OTEN, where you do all the hsc material for a subject and hand it in to be marked, it's pretty much DIY learning. I know Dreamerish*~ was considering doing biology for it; her pharmacy course requires a pre-requisite in bio.
OTEN is TAFE.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)