PLS HELP, VERY SIMPLE Q. EXAM TOMORROW. (1 Viewer)

yashbb

HSC
im fine for short answers and even the essay, just the thesis. how do i write an amazing thesis. pls dont say practise.

may22

HSC
Draw on the key concepts in the question, and find a way that it would encompass your argument(s)

Wizjaro

HSC
Bring a new perspective that isn't apparent in the question to nuance your response. I.e. lets say the question was about control. Control is a very broad topic so I would consider what aspect of control is the most evident in my text, which could be something like identity. Then I would try to write it in an insightful manner like, "Central to the human experience is the human desire to hold a semblance of control when dealing with their identity within a contentious environment." That way not only am I answering the question by drawing on the biggest aspect of it, namely control, but I'm adding my own twist by introducing another concept, identity, which I believe to be central to not only my text but to human experiences in general. Hope that helps.

AlienWithLiberty610

HSC
What I do is just think about the concepts provided and ask questions about the concepts to myself. I then answer those questions and the answer becomes my thesis.

Also, I’m stealing the theme from Wizjaro for this example.

Eg. How is the theme of control relevant to your text?

Ok. So what is control? Control is having power over things. What things? Themselves, other people, monarchy idk. Do humans have a desire for control? Humans always have the need to be in control of their lives. Some human beings have a strong desire to have power over others.

That’s it. Ok, thesis time.

Humans are megalomaniacs that desire to have power over all things, including themselves and others. This is seen evidently in [text], where [character] does [x] to [whatever the character does to enforce control]. And then the rest of the paragraph continues.

Probably isn’t the best thesis, as it was from the top off the top of my head with no severely in-depth thinking, structure or thesaurus dot com. But I’ve made my point clear. Just ask questions to yourself about the themes involved, and you will eventually generate something you could use for your thesis. Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)