plz check this!!! (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
cud someone pls mark this answer for me????

the question is-
Q1.expalin that a change in gravitational potential energy is related 2 work done.
Ans. the work done 2 move an object = force * distance moved= f*d = mgd=mgh= gravitational potential energy....

when lifting an object agianst a gravitational field for eg: when launching a rocket , work is done on the object. this work is stored in the object as the gravitational potential energy. the object's gravitational potential energy ie the energy it has due to its positon in the field increases as a result.

when an object moves towards a gravitational field for eg: droppin a stone, then the energy due to its position in the field is transformed into kinetic energy, the stone speeds up.

hence the position of lowest Ep inthe field surrounding a planet is at the surface of the planet, an object has 0 Ep when it is no longer within the gravitational field of the planet.

thus change in gravitational potential energy is related 2 work done....

is this answer fine???? ne suggestionS????? will i geta full mark for this answer???? and yeah my answer includes diagrams 2 which i haven't included here.....

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
That looks like a good answer, I just have one little point to make ...

Originally posted by elizabethy
hence the position of lowest Ep inthe field surrounding a planet is at the surface of the planet, an object has 0 Ep when it is no longer within the gravitational field of the planet.
The lowest Ep would actually be at the center of gravity (I know this is an obscure statment, but I thought I would mention it).

An object can never actually leave a planets gravatational field (since it is infinetly big).

Otherwise it all looks good. If you could attach the images, or describe what is in them that would be useful ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)