PLZ help! :l (1 Viewer)

OMR4OS

i have just started business studies and i have to hand in assesment 1 in 2 days! i need your helps pplz cos i kinda havnt started cos i got the assignment late and i put it off....

i dunno but i was thinking that maybe you guys have got a sample essay... it the first essay on Managment and Change...

OK this is what i have to do....

(1) use the quantas website to complete following
a. Write a report to shareholders explaining the external influences on the business today.
b. Identify 3 of the changes the company has had to make throughout its history due to external influences.
c. Suggest 4 reasons this change may have been resisted by the stake holders of the business.

thats all i need help in at the momnet the rest i could do... btw the quantas site was down thats why i'm asking for your help! thank u ppl so much

ps. good luck with your HSC results!

Rosie

I would love to help ya but i didn't do quantas as a case study i did wonderland for that topic. Does it have to be on quantas?

OMR4OS

actually i think i remeber sir saying that that we didnt have to do quantas... i would be grateful if u gave the wonderland one and even i dun do it i can use it as a guidline!

thanks man

Rosie

Ok here goes, by the way be warned coz my brain cells are dead from no school atm so i will do my best!

Features of a report? make sure you give headlines, dot points etc...thats the good thing about business!

a. Write a report to shareholders explaining the external influences on the business today.
External wonderland- noise pollution due to it being on a main road and residents complaining that the noise is too loud.
- cultural influences - sungwei national company owns wonderland and therefore all the trends that are happening in korea are rubbing off on wonderland influencing its future, in the way rides are concerned....they are becoming more personal interactive rides where waiting is an experience within itself(similar to rides overseas that sunwei also owns)
Also, different people from cultural backgrounds visiting the park impacting on popularity of wonderland i.e the opening of the wildlife park in wonderland influenced koreans and chinese to come visit.
- competitors- luna park and planet hollywood have shut down this has also increased wonderlands popularity as the minority of amusement parks in sydney. Also, qld competitors such as dream world claim wonderlands ideas sometimes therefore wonderland doesn't disclose their ideas anymore. i.e space probe similar to dream worlds tower of terror.

Ok thats just question a. lol i'll let u absorb that first! let me know if u want me to continue....i hope this helps
:)

p.s dun forget in this section u can use swot analysis and place these under diff headings

OMR4OS

omg yes you are so helping... i getting it thanks man. i dun want you to waste to much of ur time.. if u want you can continue thats would be good!

;) ps thanks for writing bak so quick... good werk.. i owe you one!

Rosie

Thats ok, i wish i had this site a lot earlier it would've been heaps helpful and i know how u feel so im glad to share what i know if it helps ease someones mind

b. Identify 3 of the changes the company has had to make throughout its history due to external influences.

ok...
I explained a bit of dis in a also,
1. keeping up with competitors has meant that a change has had to be made therefore they introduced new rides, are planning new developments for a more interactive personal experience for customers where simply waiting for a ride is fun! In the holidays they change their shows to suit all target markets young and old, i.e bike shows, barbie, bob the builer etc! New years eve they have also changed from previous years by adding utopia (dance party) for teens although this has brought about some ethical issues that the company has had to face such as bad advertising from media, when kids get out of hand

2. Also, they have had to change their overall image that is being perceived. Due to the introduction of a new highway in the western suburbs wonderland will have more and more customer which may mean more noise pollution which is an external problem however they are going to build more rides on an isolated land zone of wonderland, hence lessening the chance of noise pollution.

3. Discounts - connecting with wonderlands image - its image was perceived as 'cheap' place to go due to the many discounts they were giving out. They have stopped giving discounts out that exceeds over 5%. This has not hindered them at all....rather increased popularity due to the realisation wonderland won't give in! This also connects to the cultural factor earlier coz this change in discounts has meant that the international target market would rather visit wonderlands wildlife park then featherdale.

OMR4OS

i know this site rocks it has helped so far so well in ALL my subjects!

i know i should have started this assignment earlier, its because i used to leaving everything last minute! but i got to shape up cos i wont last through hsc :S

thanks for ur help looks like i'll be having a late night tonight getting it done cos i got part 2 to do aswell argh!

i so want to make it up to you aswell any suggestions?! i dun like it when people help me and i dun give anything in return, vise versa....

Rosie

c. Suggest 4 reasons this change may have been resisted by the stake holders of the business.

Ok so first list all the stakeholders of the business, i.e managers, employees, union etc...
Another would for resistance to change is 'inertia' use it and use it a lot coz it'll make u sound good! :D To get good marks go in to talk about why it is important for stakeholders esp managers to introduce change slowly in a business to gain full effect from employees!

Some reasons for inertia in wonderland include,
Not understanding the need to change the rides and keep up to date with the trends happening around the world and between target markets, externally.

Not being fully trained to understand the cultural differences that need to be taken care of in wonderland....esp for employees it is important they are trained properly then they won't feel any inertia.

This also links in with technology coz some of the older employees may not be able to manage the change in technological rides, i.e not being able to operate them properly can cause confusion thus disatisfaction of the job, thus effecting externally the perception of wonderland and reputation if they tell their friends of the bad treatment they received working for wonderland.

Stakeholders could fear the media coverage may ruin their reputation and here you would mention the reasons for the introduction of the utopian dance party n the ethical issues that would have thus effecting the stakeholders.

Obviously you might need to elaborate a bit but the general idea is there for u to register, i reckon you could write lots of pages on that including your swot analysis at the very beginning!

ohhh...and i forgot to mention with your report esp for part a...start off with an 'executive summary' it sounds good. Its like an introduction, just say whats in the report and the reasons why you are writing the report to inform of external influences changes blah blah blah

goodluck to you!! and let me know how everything goes...you dun owe me anything except telling me what mark you got ok.
:)

OMR4OS

hehehe i can tell you my mark now cos i had ur help, it'll be an A+... but ye seriously i'll get bak to you cos i might need ur help in future!

have a nice day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)