plz help....Which option topic is the best to do? (1 Viewer)

Shocker_85

hi....
i am going 2 start year 12 on Monday :(
cud any 1 plz tell me which option topic is da best...cuz our teacher doesnt know anything.....
plz help

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Quanta to quarks is interesting and will give you a good background for university physics.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
WHAT?

YOU get to CHOOSE??

My God, our teachers choose our electives. I feel sorry for you if you can choose - it shows your teacher(s) have no experience in teaching and will most likely run away on a holiday at the last second, leaving you with...DA DA DAAAA...

...A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (one who smells, preferably)

-CHUDYMASTER-
Chudy brings curry, curry brings wisdom, wisdom is Chudy.

Jellymonsta

I don't think they'll make you choose straight away - we only had to choose in term 2.
I did Quanta to Quarks, because we had covered about a third of the module in Ideas to Implementation (one of the compulsory modules). It was pretty boring, and i wish i had done Age of Silicon now (which complements doing SDD to an extent) cause thats on... computers (shock) etc. I was told Medical Physics was hard, so i skipped that, as i was fairly demoralised with physics by the time i chose my option. Geophysics looks mind numbingly dull. :sleep: And astrophysics is the longest one in my textbook - i didnt even look at that.
basically, i think its more what looks interesting to you or will help with a possible future career. And if none appeal, Q2Q is the cop-out module :). Which doesn't make it easy. But the physics course is all really interesting, and most of what you learn is applicable (kinda) to life, which is more than English can claim :mad1:

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
I doubt that...

In SDD, we're not all that concerned with how the hardware communicates/works. Or at least, not on a scientific level.

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Oh...

Well no, logic gates don't really have a lot to do with the age of silicon (even though I'm not doing it or year 12 yet for that matter)

And in any case, my school has chosen from Quanta to Quarks as well, seems popular.

kaseita

med phys? hard??
ha!
I'd say its the easiest of them aaaall.
everyone does quanta for some odd reason. not sure why
but really, med phys is waaay simple. you only learn about machines, and a single concept for each machine, which is extremely easy, and even easier if you did chem in yr11 (which I did). even without doing chem, its easy to pick up the stuff.
there's not that much content either. I'd definitely recommend it.
at our school, half the ppl do quanta, and the other half med. the average for med phys, is higher than the average for quanta, and all the really smart smart ppl do quanta!
trust me, very good option, unless you have an interest in something else. but if you don't particularly care, med phys is da best.

im doin astro, its long, and if stars dont do it for you, can get rather boring

ive heard lotsa complaints about quarks

if i got to choose, id go for medical or age of silicon

whatever you choose, make sure its interesting and that theres minimal memory involved

QUANTA TO QUARKS
It's fun, it's relatively easy and some stuff you cover in the modules before so it's like revision :)
That's why i like studying that so much (whereas i HATE motors and generators!!!)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I say Q2Q

But if you like:

circuts silicon
stars asto

[you get my point]

superhubert

half way between the gutter and the stars
astrophysics kicks ass on the others.... although some parts are hard. our class didn't decide on which option topic to do until we had to start it!!! but our school's only physics class has 6 prople, including me.... so it was prety easy to decide.

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Medical physics isn't hard but it's just soo god damn boring compared to the other options. I wish my class chose to do Age of Silicon or Quanta to Quarks. Oh well at least it means some easy marks.

Dario

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Quanta to quarks is interesting and will give you a good background for university physics.
It's also the longest option topic with probably the most work in it.

Jripper

I prefer the Age of Silicon topic but little people do it. I think it is because most of the physics teacher sare middle to old age and when they are at school....they weren't taught all this stuff about electronics....

I believe astro is definately the easiest and the more common sense topic....while quantum to quark is a hard elective, you must have a very good teacher to do that elective.....if ur teacher is creep....best stay with astrophysic

Dario

HSC
I wouldn't choose it. If you look at any textbook, Quanta to Quarks has significantly more pages than any other topic.

CLuver?

who cares. you can go better if there is a larger candidature, and if the option is more complex and in depth.

why would you choose an easy option that nobody does?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)