plz help....Which option topic is the best to do? (1 Viewer)

needtostudy

q2q may be longer but more students would have done it, hence there will be more information when researching when doing assesments on it etc.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
the benefits of doing quantum to quarks is that all textbooks have notes (and usually pretty detailed as well) and more people have notes and in this forum more people can help you if you start to struggle ...

Shocker_85

Originally posted by flyin'
the benefits of doing quantum to quarks is that all textbooks have notes (and usually pretty detailed as well) and more people have notes and in this forum more people can help you if you start to struggle ...
dats a good excuse 2 do it;) :cool:

esther

HSC
i did med phys and its heaps good.... thats coz i neva liked all that space stuff..
med phys isnt all that long either i think its like 5 sections- xrays ultrasounds etc and basicalli its just how they work and their advantages and disadvantages and stuff like that
i would recommend med phys but not alot of textbooks hab info on it... our teacher found info from lots of books and we looked up heaps on the net aswell

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by esther
i did med phys and its heaps good.... thats coz i neva liked all that space stuff..
med phys isnt all that long either i think its like 5 sections- xrays ultrasounds etc and basicalli its just how they work and their advantages and disadvantages and stuff like that
i would recommend med phys but not alot of textbooks hab info on it... our teacher found info from lots of books and we looked up heaps on the net aswell
I agree, I did medical physics and I think it is the simplest option topic. There are heaps of resources available for it, and there is only a limit of questions that examiners can test you on for it.

you study things like ultrasound, MRI and CAT scans, positron emission tomography, X-rays, I thought it was quite interesting.

Twintip

Originally posted by Dario

It's also the longest option topic with probably the most work in it.
Exactly. Choose the 'easiest' option. Why? Well, firstly, no option is going to 'scale' any better than another, and if you choose an easier option, you are more likely to be doing the same option as students that aren't as good as you, so your answer will look better in comparison.

That's the only reason we do "Shipwrecks and Salvage" as our elective in Chem (I do Phys too but don't know what we're doing yet). It is the easiest, most straightforward choice and on average, it is the option that the lower students take so our answers can look as good as possible in comparison (schools like James Ruse have been known to do "Forensic Chemistry", which is done by fewer people, most of which are quite solid at Chemistry. So if we did that option, we'd be compared to the James Ruse people, etc). :)

It probably doesn't make much difference in the end, but why do more than you have to anyway?

Rahul

Dead Member
topics......our teacher is goin to decide for us. no matter what he chooses i know that we will b stuffed.

i fink we r doing quanta to quarks.....i think:rolleyes:

professor

we are doing astrophysics....same for the past 3 or 4 yrs coz we only had 1 physics teacher all that time and he loves astro-physics...

phenol

Argonaute
HSC
Physics is not about learning for the sake of HSC/UAI

It is about loving the subject. Every part of physics is as good as any other - Quantum Mechanics attracts me more

N

ND

Originally posted by phenol
Physics is not about learning for the sake of HSC/UAI

It is about loving the subject. Every part of physics is as good as any other - Quantum Mechanics attracts me more
If you're talking about physics in general, i agree, i've read both of Hawking's books and loved them, however, this syllabus is not the most interesting thing in the world.

I'm sure it will get much better at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)