Podiatry n e 1? (1 Viewer)

ShopOholic

HSC
Hey all,

Just wondering if n e one could tell me about the podiatry course - whats the first yr like? is it very science based? ( i didnt do science in my HSC). It looks interesting and it says that there is a massive shortage of them so i'd like to know more about becoming a podiatrist.

If n e 1 could provide some information on the course that
would be gr8!

Thanks!

ShopOholic

HSC
Thanks for the reply crazybrad. Yeah i looked at that link first however i was just hoping i could get someone's personal opinion on the course that is doing it but it seems no 1 on BOS does the course! Oh well!

Cab31

HSC
Hey there,

I am in Brisbane doing the course at QUT. I am in second year and i really enjoy it, but it is very demanding in terms of hours at uni and work at home. I have 34 contact hours next semester compared to some friends of mine in other courses who have 12.
In terms of sciences, it would be helpful to have all of them. We do a lot of chemistry and pharmacology, as well as biomechanics (which physics is essential for) and a lot of physiology and biomolecular science which biology is the backbone of.
So yes first year and second year are very science based, and tough. Advanced anatomy was a killer subject with a really high fail rate.
Anywho i hope that helps :)

ShopOholic

HSC
Ok thanks - looks like i wont be furthering my interest in podiatry as a career option then lol since i did no science subjects in my HSC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)