Police Brutality - Disgusting and Unacceptable (1 Viewer)

greentae

HSC
N/A
So lets pretend a stranger came up to you whilst you were walking down the street and began putting his hands on you in a clearly inappropriate manner. Lets assume you are a rational human being who at that point was at least partially fearful for their safety (because let's face it, it takes a nut job or a drunk to begin randomly touching strangers in that capacity and it is difficult to predict how quickly things with a nut job or drunk will escalate). Let's say the police happened to stop this person because they saw a man following a woman he does not clearly know around and touching her repeatedly. Are you really going to sit there and try and tell me the police should not have spoken to him and should have instead closed their eyes, turned their backs and walked away? Come on, a little bit of objectivity would be nice.
Alright, you have a point there and I agree but I don't see why the police have to bash his head on the ground.

Frostbitten

HSC
Because...he was resisting arrest and kicking them in the head?
No Sylvia, you're meant to be able to attack the police and they aren't allowed to respond aggressively in order to get you to submit. This is what's wrong with society, we can't even trust the police if we attack them to not react aggressively. The police obviously are taught to hate on the gay community, they obviously single them out like this poor boy. We should push for the public hanging of this officer! He should be shot!

Hmmm, sarcasm, but seemingly accurate at depicting a large amount of opinions in circulation.

Jimmy2064

HSC
No Sylvia, you're meant to be able to attack the police and they aren't allowed to respond aggressively in order to get you to submit. This is what's wrong with society, we can't even trust the police if we attack them to not react aggressively. The police obviously are taught to hate on the gay community, they obviously single them out like this poor boy. We should push for the public hanging of this officer! He should be shot!

Hmmm, sarcasm, but seemingly accurate at depicting a large amount of opinions in circulation.
Lol, so if you were a police officer, and someone was kicking you in the head you wouldn't respond aggressively? I somehow doubt your logic my friend. I also don't believe the police academy 'teach' officers to 'hate' on the gay community, I don't know where you dreamed that idea up from, I'm sure there are homosexually inclined police officers who wouldn't approve! IF this particular officer had anything against gays, it would be personal. What's wrong with society is the ever increasing presence 'white knights' and 'do gooders' of this world, not the trust that if we attack police we should expect them to not react aggressively.

If all of our police officers just let people attack them without response, then they would no longer be a stature of authority and essentially there would be no need for police presence on the street other than to observe and fine people. What's the good in that? If someone who, unprovoked, physically attacks a police officer intentionally, then I would expect no less than what happened here.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Lol, so if you were a police officer, and someone was kicking you in the head you wouldn't respond aggressively? I somehow doubt your logic my friend. I also don't believe the police academy 'teach' officers to 'hate' on the gay community, I don't know where you dreamed that idea up from, I'm sure there are homosexually inclined police officers who wouldn't approve! IF this particular officer had anything against gays, it would be personal. What's wrong with society is the ever increasing presence 'white knights' and 'do gooders' of this world, not the trust that if we attack police we should expect them to not react aggressively.

If all of our police officers just let people attack them without response, then they would no longer be a stature of authority and essentially there would be no need for police presence on the street other than to observe and fine people. What's the good in that? If someone who, unprovoked, physically attacks a police officer intentionally, then I would expect no less than what happened here.
I think you missed the point of his post entirely

Jimmy2064

HSC
I think you missed the point of his post entirely
How so? I interpreted it as being that police officers shouldn't be able to aggressively respond to people attacking them "you're meant to be able to attack the police and they aren't allowed to respond aggressively in order to get you to submit"

Frostbitten

HSC
How so? I interpreted it as being that police officers shouldn't be able to aggressively respond to people attacking them "you're meant to be able to attack the police and they aren't allowed to respond aggressively in order to get you to submit"
In the second paragraph I said sarcasm hinting to it being a bullshit opinion. XD

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
He was being satirical.

Jimmy2064

HSC
Oh, lol woops! Thought that was just in reference to the last sentence haha sorry xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)