• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Police can now use Stun Guns (1 Viewer)

Should police be allowed to use tasers?

• yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • no

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Aerath said:
What happens if a police officer misses the intended target? It's not like an ordinary weapon where you can just fire again, is it? (Just wondering)
cops work in pairs or more, its unlikely enough at short ranges in trained hands for one to miss.

In the event that an officer was by himself and missed, or for some reason his partner didnt have the tazer out or was controlling someone else, many police issue models have two prongs as a backup like a normal hand held tazer that you have to push into the enemy, so its still pretty useful a a last resort, just that the whole reason of the tazer is to control your enemy physically with minimal effort, at range and with non lethal force [ in that order]

ainthatinnocent

HSC
Does anyone know of any side effects of these stun guns? I'm sure a human body wouldn't react well to electrical volts going through it?

Just a thought, do they place their real guns and stun guns right next to each other? What happens if they pick up the wrong one? :)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Pretty sure if someone was running towards a cop in an aggressive manner and the stun gun was pulled out they would fuckin turn around and start running.

Other side effect: Intense Orgasm

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure when some idiot bogan zerg rushes an officer with a knife, the officer would not respond by tasering said idiot, he would pull out his sidearm and shoot that sob.

RobLund

HSC
N/A
townie said:
for long range i dont see why somebody cant invent a tranquilizer gun for humans, or like something that makes i big bright flash or something, or loud noises!
there are tranq pistols out there, you can use them on humans, all you have to do is change the dosage, i believe the police should be required to carry them on the draw hand side of thier body and only use their real pistols as back-up weapons.. as far a tazers are concerned ,they should be banned in Australia. nothing good can come of tazers they're just as bad as hand guns, and if you've ever watched cops ...you'll see the cops always fire a tazer first then ask questions... do you really want this happening in Australia. people die from tazers.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
No joke, this isn't a troll comment: I've been tazered before. My cousin's friend somehow got his hands on a tazer gun (not the one that shoots the tazer string-like objects, but the one where you put it on someone's back and it zaps the shit out of them). He called it a Zappo. Anyway, just for fun, he did it for like 1 second. It actually didn't feel THAT bad, I mean, sure it hurt, but it wasn't excrutiating pain.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Wassup? said:
No joke, this isn't a troll comment: I've been tazered before. My cousin's friend somehow got his hands on a tazer gun (not the one that shoots the tazer string-like objects, but the one where you put it on someone's back and it zaps the shit out of them). He called it a Zappo. Anyway, just for fun, he did it for like 1 second. It actually didn't feel THAT bad, I mean, sure it hurt, but it wasn't excrutiating pain.
Yeah, but that's like saying you got shot with a rifle - if that rifle was one that someone could buy pretty easily (e.g. an air rifle), well then it's not going to hurt too much. If they bought a AR-15 automatic and started pounding bullets into you it would hurt just a lil' more. The police tasers are probably substantially more powerful than a 'Zappo'.

The videos I've seen of people getting tasered by cops are pretty fucked up, a lot of them piss themselves, which really tells you just how powerful they are and just how much of an effect they have on your body. The number of deaths in the US attributed to police taser use is pretty substantial.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
abbeyroad said:
I'm pretty sure when some idiot bogan zerg rushes an officer with a knife, the officer would not respond by tasering said idiot, he would pull out his sidearm and shoot that sob.
Bad idea, knives are much more dangerous than guns within about 10 m. They'd be better off pulling out their baton. Even if they can draw and fire quicker than an attacker can approach, a 9 mm isn't sufficient to stop someone in their tracks.
nandayo said:
Yeah, but that's like saying you got shot with a rifle - if that rifle was one that someone could buy pretty easily (e.g. an air rifle), well then it's not going to hurt too much. If they bought a AR-15 automatic and started pounding bullets into you it would hurt just a lil' more. .
AR-15s aren't automatic.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Riet said:
Bad idea, knives are much more dangerous than guns within about 10 m. They'd be better off pulling out their baton. Even if they can draw and fire quicker than an attacker can approach, a 9 mm isn't sufficient to stop someone in their tracks.

AR-15s aren't automatic.
Semi, soz.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Ya, fucking hate australian gun laws. Owning an AR-15 would be so sweet.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Someone i know smuggled one from Thailand. A pretty dim aquaintance of this person i know said to try it out on him... wasnt good - but apparently was funny.
He broke it on purpose and threw it out after he realised how bad it was.

jewoneimon

HSC
i say tasers are all right... cops have a too many laws on how to restrain people nowadays...... shoot them you go to jail, club them u go to jail, etc. i mean cops gotta do their jobs somehow right?

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
After seeing how the officers in the US use them, ie, whenever they bloody feel like it, I have mixed emotions. I see the benefits, so long as have self restraint. There's a few videos on Youtube which show what I mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)