Police shoot teenage boy dead in Northcote (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I took "I'm not sure why everyone is questioning the police." to be arguing against public scrutiny, but I can see where you're coming from. You're alright I guess.

Still, my rant stands, fuck the cunts who would say "can't believe they can even question the police for their actions", "I don't think the police should be questioned regarding their action", "The people questioning the police actions would quickly change their mind if THEY had to confront an armed nutcase like him instead of the cops.", "The police have nothing to answer for here" etc...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
incentivation said:
Referencing an outdated source when considering corruption in 2008??

Much has changed since 2001. Two Commissioners. LEPRA. Internal reform.
I'm sorry I can't uncover some 2008 corruption to present to you.

The thing about corruption is, people generally try to keep it secret.

What do you want? Proof that corruption is occuring this minute? If such proof was found, the officers involved would be dismissed, and you would cite that as evidence the system to eliminate corruption is working. In the abscence of proven corruption, you say it doesn't exist. Catch 22.

Power always corrupts, and the nature of police work attracts small minded, power crazed thugs. History proves the police should always be held to suspicion.

boris

Banned
HSC
P.T.F.E said:
haha try and stop me
at least i have an opinion
and have the right to say it
who r u to say anyway, get a life mate and post something useful next time
Seriously, stop posting please. Your posts are illegible, amorphous and basically pretty retarded. You contribute nothing to the discussing and i hope the day that Iron bans you comes soon.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Graney said:
I'm sorry I can't uncover some 2008 corruption to present to you.

The thing about corruption is, people generally try to keep it secret.

What do you want? Proof that corruption is occuring this minute? If such proof was found, the officers involved would be dismissed, and you would cite that as evidence the system to eliminate corruption is working. In the abscence of proven corruption, you say it doesn't exist. Catch 22.

Power always corrupts, and the nature of police work attracts small minded, power crazed thugs. History proves the police should always be held to suspicion.
Graney, I understand the points you make regarding the police needing to be held accountable and all that. But when it comes to corruption, I get a bit confused. :/

Of course corruption happens. It will never cease to exist. Agree/Disagree?

I don't condone it, nor do I think it benefits society (or the force) in any way. But knowing first-hand of cases of police being involved, the solution isn't as simple as increased scrutiny and regulations. There will always be bad apples, as unfortunate as that may be.

However, it's pretty silly to generalise all cops as being 'small-minded, power crazy thugs'. The police force is much deeper than the everyday front-line cops walking the street. I guess it just reinforces the bias that you hold to your arguments though.

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Kid was a militant bogan. He had it coming.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Graney, I understand the points you make regarding the police needing to be held accountable and all that. But when it comes to corruption, I get a bit confused. :/

Of course corruption happens. It will never cease to exist. Agree/Disagree?

I don't condone it, nor do I think it benefits society (or the force) in any way. But knowing first-hand of cases of police being involved, the solution isn't as simple as increased scrutiny and regulations. There will always be bad apples, as unfortunate as that may be.

However, it's pretty silly to generalise all cops as being 'small-minded, power crazy thugs'. The police force is much deeper than the everyday front-line cops walking the street. I guess it just reinforces the bias that you hold to your arguments though.
Cops are scum.

08er

HSC
John Oliver said:
Don't see why you'd want to avert it.

Don't see how one less nutcase white supremacist in the world is anything but a good thing?
Well yeah, that's a valid point there.

boris

Banned
HSC
Graney said:
Cops are scum.
I know some cops who are pretty good guys tbh and some who like to fuck you around because they can to an extent. Lol you're like the older generations, my old man and grandfathers both hate cops just because they used to be so corrupt back then, they still have a massive distrust of them

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
As the saying goes, "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely". There will always be corruption in any field involving human interaction and power. Humans are corrupt by their very nature.

However the safeguards and regulations in place in 2008 have created a vastly different landscape to that which existed 20 years ago. As an organisation of some 15,000 there are some absolute numbnuts, your average joe and some extraordinarily intelligent people within. The endemic corruption evident in the Wood Royal Commission is a thing of the past. Of course corrupt elements still exist. It is impossible to eradicate. The key is, and should be, corruption management and resistance measures.

I suggest you get the true reason for your animosity off your chest, as Blue Cameleon said, instead of casting every police officer in the same light.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
incentivation said:
As the saying goes, "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely". There will always be corruption in any field involving human interaction and power. Humans are corrupt by their very nature.

However the safeguards and regulations in place in 2008 have created a vastly different landscape to that which existed 20 years ago. As an organisation of some 15,000 there are some absolute numbnuts, your average joe and some extraordinarily intelligent people within. The endemic corruption evident in the Wood Royal Commission is a thing of the past. Of course corrupt elements still exist. It is impossible to eradicate. The key is, and should be, corruption management and resistance measures.

I suggest you get the true reason for your animosity off your chest, as Blue Cameleon said, instead of casting every police officer in the same light.
It's not complex, I'm just anti-authoritarian. I don't think we're disagreeing on anything in particular.

wombifat

HSC
I think the fact that all four cops shot at him at the same time if anything, justifies the police's actions. Think about it-four completely different people all thought at the same time, that a shot was neccesry. What are the chances that four out of four cops have bad judgement?

Also, this news isn't exactly light...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
wombifat said:
I think the fact that all four cops shot at him at the same time if anything, justifies the police's actions. Think about it-four completely different people all thought at the same time, that a shot was neccesry. What are the chances that four out of four cops have bad judgement?

Also, this news isn't exactly light...
Sure it is.
A xenophobic, militant, nationalistic bogan teenager got shot by cops whilst attempting to attack them with two recently stolen knives.
That's cause enough for hilarity!

boris

Banned
HSC
moll. said:
Sure it is.
A xenophobic, militant, nationalistic bogan teenager got shot by cops whilst attempting to attack them with two recently stolen knives.
That's cause enough for hilarity!
you speak the truth.

i for one am a militant nationalistic bogan teenager, but drugs are bad mmkay?

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
boris said:
you speak the truth.

i for one am a militant nationalistic bogan teenager, but drugs are bad mmkay?
Got Bizarre actin' ill
Drugs kill (Yea right!)
Chick I'm for real

mysexisonfire

HSC
Brontecat said:
police are not necessarily trained to kill, they are trained to defend. .

They are trained to shoot at the widest part of the body... being the torso...

boris

Banned
HSC
mysexisonfire said:
They are trained to shoot at the widest part of the body... being the torso...
or the dick in my case

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)