• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Police stop raiding homes of ethnic criminals due to fears of negative publicity (1 Viewer)

Should ethnics get a free pass on crimes because of fears of negative publicity

• Yes. Minorities should be looked after

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No. WTF if you voted yes you are a bloody tard or an ethnic criminal

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • dont know dont care

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
HSC
N/A
Auburn riot fears halt raids, police say

Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione has denied being involved in ordering a postponement of a raid in Auburn last week in which a man was arrested allegedly carrying a gun and drugs.
Commissioner Scipione said the decision had been taken by local commanders who had to carry out a risk assessment before the raid.
‘‘They also ensure that the operation is conducted in a way that maximises the margins for safety so that our officers aren’t becoming victims of crimes as a result of an operation that may as well have been executed more efficiently at another time.’’
‘‘The operational commanders that had responsibility for that particular matter did their job, did it well, professionally, got the outcome they desired.’’
‘‘I haven’t got any issues. I didn’t communicate with anyone with regards to any concerns or any worries because I didn’t have any.’’
‘‘I didn’t order any postponement. I don’t have any concerns,’’ he said.
Several officers have told the Herald they are being forced to delay raids looking for guns and drugs because the NSW Police Force executive is fearful of the negative publicity that would result from a riot in the area.
In early September, officers from the Middle Eastern Organised Crime Squad raided four houses in Auburn and a large crowd gathered to watch. Senior police were concerned about the potential for violence and called the riot squad.
Three people were arrested for allegedly assaulting police, but officers say the incident was far from a riot. ''It was a couple of kids throwing rocks,'' one said.
A raid last week on an Auburn man in which officers were looking for a handgun and drugs was delayed at least 12 hours - leaving the man with a deadly weapon for another night - because the riot squad and the tactical operations unit were not available.
''Here's a bloke who's got a gun. Carries it. And we've got the warrants to take it off him but we had to wait. We had to wait only for concern about adverse publicity, not because of concerns for our officers' safety,'' one officer said.
So intense is the scrutiny, one relatively junior officer received an email straight from the Commissioner of Police, Andrew Scipione, asking about the raid.
They are frustrated that the riot squad is not always available - it doesn't work Monday or Tuesday - and they are forced to delay critical raids. ''It's riot by appointment,'' one officer said.
But the commander of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad, Deb Wallace, said the riot squad's unavailability was not the only reason the raid was delayed.
''The operation was delayed by a day for a variety of operation reasons, not just the decision to involve [the public order and riot squad],'' she said. ''It was a highly successful operation that went off without incident.''
The raid on the Auburn man was the latest in a series to try to keep a lid on simmering local tensions between two crime groups.
Police have expressed concern the feud between the Parramatta chapter of the Bandidos Motorcycle Club and the street gang Notorious may erupt again.
Last summer there were several drive-by shootings in south-western and western Sydney believed to be related to that feud. It culminated in a gun battle in Auburn in March, with dozens of bullets hitting houses.
hmm

PH011

HSC
Herald =/
That's slightly amusing...
They should just do the raids anyway and smash those rioters...
the only people who would riot are the friends and relatives of this "ethnic criminal", which scarily enough, make up a good percentage of Auburn LOL
Also, the question is slightly biased :)

Edu.kid

HSC
Ahhh the joys of muslim immigration.
60% of middle easterners in Australia are Christian and not just muslims, so what does it have to do with muslims? Besides how do you know if the guy is muslim and do u honestly think a criminal gives a damn about religion or actually follows a religion. No they are concerned about money.

Stupid people like you try to draw connections between religion and human actions.

HSC
N/A
The Christians of Europe's Iberian peninsula, who confronted Islam for 800 yrs, understood Islam only too well. They realized that only complete eradication of this cult from their soil could guarantee their long term security. Unfortunately, some of their descendants, and those descendants from the english isles need to wake up now and understand the Muslim mind. I feel for this country, one day we will fix our streets in some Sydney suburbs by deporting the enemy from within.

HSC
N/A
60% of middle easterners in Australia are Christian and not just muslims, so what does it have to do with muslims? Besides how do you know if the guy is muslim and do u honestly think a criminal gives a damn about religion or actually follows a religion. No they are concerned about money.

Stupid people like you try to draw connections between religion and human actions.
Most of the evils that happens occurs due to muslims.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
This is good news.

The police are the criminals, and they should stop harassing people because they happen to posses certain chemicals or pieces of metal moulded into certain shapes.

redmayne

HSC
This is good news.

The police are the criminals, and they should stop harassing people because they happen to posses certain chemicals or pieces of metal moulded into certain shapes.
Please, stop infecting every thread with your libertarian filth.

Libertarianism is exactly like Communism, in that it sounds oh so wonderful in theory, but it's phenomenally naive to think it will work in practice.

Those "moulded pieces of metal" are built to kill, not just harmless clumps of minerals. So you wanna abolish the police, who are your main protection against those guns?

Please don't think that you'd be able to go and get a gun if the government didn't regulate and enforce the law. You wouldn't be able to beat the blood thirsty angry mob to the store, you'd just find it looted and bodies lying everywhere. What are you gonna do then? Escape the country controlled by angry mobs and gangs to another country. You're gonna escape the country in which the primary, secondary and tertiary sectors have all collapsed because they weren't organised by the government. Escape the country where any injury can kill you because you can't access any hospitals and doctors. Hey presto, you're an asylum seeker.
[See Africa.]

And who cares, they got the guy in the end. Big whoop.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Libertarianism is exactly like Communism, in that it sounds oh so wonderful in theory, but it's phenomenally naive to think it will work in practice.
Seemed to work pretty well in the USA up until the last 50 or so years.

Granted we haven't had "perfect" libertarianism, but almost everywhere you look, the more a country tends towards libertarianism the better it is, the more it tends towards communism or any other form of authoritarianism the worse it gets.

Please don't think that you'd be able to go and get a gun if the government didn't regulate and enforce the law. You wouldn't be able to beat the blood thirsty angry mob to the store, you'd just find it looted and bodies lying everywhere. What are you gonna do then? Escape the country controlled by angry mobs and gangs to another country. You're gonna escape the country in which the primary, secondary and tertiary sectors have all collapsed because they weren't organised by the government. Escape the country where any injury can kill you because you can't access any hospitals and doctors. Hey presto, you're an asylum seeker.
[See Africa.]
You see, the problem with this argument is....

IT'S A FICTIONAL STORY WHICH YOU JUST MADE UP.

redmayne

HSC
Seemed to work pretty well in the USA up until the last 50 or so years.
Um, you're not speaking of old America. They had police, they had a government providing services and countless other things that are still relatively the same today. You're speaking of anarchy.

Granted we haven't had "perfect" libertarianism, but almost everywhere you look, the more a country tends towards libertarianism the better it is, the more it tends towards communism or any other form of authoritarianism the worse it gets.
Don't modify your views for this particular discussion. We can "tend" towards libertarianism all we want, what an ambiguous thing to say. You're always preaching pure libertarianism.

And you know the only other place you see the "haven't had it in its perfect form yet"...yeah, that'd be communism.

You see, the problem with this argument is....

IT'S A FICTIONAL STORY WHICH YOU JUST MADE UP.
No, that's libertarianism.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Um, you're not speaking of old America. They had police, they had a government providing services and countless other things that are still relatively the same today. You're speaking of anarchy.
They had very low taxes and government intervention for at least the first hundred years. Police was about all the government provided, even the military was tiny.

Even up until 1900 government spending was only around 5% of GDP compared to around 40% today.

Don't modify your views for this particular discussion. We can "tend" towards libertarianism all we want, what an ambiguous thing to say. You're always preaching pure libertarianism.
If more libertarian societies tend to work better, this is pretty good evidence in favor of becoming more libertarian.

Although I do advocate "pure" libertarianism, if I can't convince people of pure libertarianism, I would at least like to see us move towards more libertarianism.

And you know the only other place you see the "haven't had it in its perfect form yet"...yeah, that'd be communism.
I never claimed we had had it in its perfect form. I said very clearly that "the more a country tends towards libertarianism the better it is, the more it tends towards communism or any other form of authoritarianism the worse it gets."

However, is it really likely that although societies that exhibit lots of features of communism are almost always bad, if they had pure communism they would in fact be good?

All we can go on is the evidence we can observe, neither of us has any perfect cases studies we can cite.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
That's complete and utter manipulated bullshit.
Yes, because the police are really going to determine whether a house should be searched or not corresponding with the ethnicity of the inhabitants.

Lame. I believe it to be far from the truth, and completely irrational.

redmayne

HSC
They had very low taxes and government intervention for at least the first hundred years. Police was about all the government provided, even the military was tiny.

Even up until 1900 government spending was only around 5% of GDP compared to around 40% today.

If more libertarian societies tend to work better, this is pretty good evidence in favor of becoming more libertarian.
That's ridiculous. Just because a little bit of salt tastes nice, doesn't mean you dump the whole packet on there. Ruins the meal completely. Just like libertarianism, except its consequences would be a far sight more terrible than a ruined meal.

Although I do advocate "pure" libertarianism, if I can't convince people of pure libertarianism, I would at least like to see us move towards more libertarianism.

I never claimed we had had it in its perfect form. I said very clearly that "the more a country tends towards libertarianism the better it is, the more it tends towards communism or any other form of authoritarianism the worse it gets."

However, is it really likely that although societies that exhibit lots of features of communism are almost always bad, if they had pure communism they would in fact be good?

All we can go on is the evidence we can observe, neither of us has any perfect cases studies we can cite.
Really? No cases to cite the benefits of our system? Try now. Try today. Try the reason you're sitting there right now, hopefully fairly content, with your very own computer.

The only reason previous systems were overthrown is because the vast majority of the population had a really shit existence, and got sick of it. With our democracy, the same can't be said.

The vast majority of people live a good life, so, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be destroyed in favour of some lawless, bankrupt, dangerous proposed system.

Anyway, I'm going to stop giving your crackpot ideas any attention in even acknowledging them.

You are dismissed, toddle off to the mental institute now.

HSC
N/A
That's ridiculous. Just because a little bit of salt tastes nice, doesn't mean you dump the whole packet on there. Ruins the meal completely. Just like libertarianism, except its consequences would be a far sight more terrible than a ruined meal.

Really? No cases to cite the benefits of our system? Try now. Try today. Try the reason you're sitting there right now, hopefully fairly content, with your very own computer.

The only reason previous systems were overthrown is because the vast majority of the population had a really shit existence, and got sick of it. With our democracy, the same can't be said.

The vast majority of people live a good life, so, I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be destroyed in favour of some lawless, bankrupt, dangerous proposed system.

Anyway, I'm going to stop giving your crackpot ideas any attention in even acknowledging them.

You are dismissed, toddle off to the mental institute now.
Democracy is not the cause of economic prosperity you fuck.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Prove its because of the current system, and not in spite of it.

Even if our existence isn't shit (laregly because of technology) that doesn't mean it can't be massively improved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)