Political Science, Philosophy, International Relations and Psychology (1 Viewer)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Hey,

Im looking at doing a BLA at UNE in 2006 and was just wondering if anyone does Political Science, Philosophy, International Relations or Psychology? If you do, are they any good? What do they involve? Are the lecturers any good?

Thanks!:D

woohohoohoo

captain oblivious
HSC
if you do philosophy then dont do critical and creative reasoning.. unless u have a fetish for premises and conclusion indicators. yuck. but if u kno what your on about u should do ok coz the exam is multiple choice (40%) and the assignments are in the study guide so you can see them from the beginning (mostly multiple choice too). but i dont kno bout the rest of the phil subjects. i do psyc and pol sci too they r ok so far. u mainly write essays except the psyc exam is mult choice.

Ashleet

HSC
International Relations was only offered externally this year, but internals could still do it, your person to see about that would probably be Natrap, I'm pretty sure he's doing it at the moment.

Psych is good, as is politics, but the first semester is extremely boring, but those courses are easy enough to pass. Once you get into the higher levels its supposedly not as bad, but word of advice, for psych labs, avoid getting yourself in a lab group in which everyone is too shy to say anything. Half the time our tutor is about ready to kill my lab seeing as only two of us actually say anything.

natrap

Ash I think all the lab groups would be like that. I was in your lab group for lab 4 and it wasn't too different to my original group. Your tutor was more interesting though. I found Psychology really boring and aren't continuing with it. Political Science I like though.

International Relations is interesting. Next year I believe the 100 level unit INRE103 will be offered internally. It's two assignments - a 500 word and a 200 word - and an essay exam.

Ashleet

HSC
Who did you have as your Psyc tutor? I'm going the opposite way - keeping Psyc and dropping politics (replacing it with an extra unit of psyc)

natrap

Hehe I'm picking up an extra unit of pols.

Can't remember the name of my psyc tutor. Truthfully I didn't take too much notice. Your tutor was much more fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)