Politics goes to church at Hillsong (1 Viewer)

Salima

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I constantly contribute to this forum (see posts), I just think alot of you people are complete idiots and the shit you go on with is boring.
then we feel the same way about each other.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Salima said:
then we feel the same way about each other.
How so am I an idiot? You're an idiot because you're openly criticising the verisimilitude of a religious text while openly embracing another that are extremely similar.

Salima

HSC
well anyone that has a different view to you or disagrees with u u think stupid adn small minded, when then, in review of such actions, it appears you are the small-minded one. is this not true? though i know ur answer already...no. i am prepared for ur backlash.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't think people are stupid for having a different view to me, I just think they're stupid in that particular thing they are dealing with. I'm sure you could be a very smart person...

Salima

HSC
really? but what if i always choose a different view to u, would u think me dumb?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If you can't justify it in an intelligent way... then yes. You need some sort of rational reason for having your 'different view', otherwise you are acting foolishly.

Surely if I said 'Islam sux' you would simply call me an idiot instead of saying 'well, he choose a different view to me and his is equally valid... LOLZ' ?

Salima

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
If you can't justify it in an intelligent way... then yes. You need some sort of rational reason for having your 'different view', otherwise you are acting foolishly.

Surely if I said 'Islam sux' you would simply call me an idiot instead of saying 'well, he choose a different view to me and his is equally valid... LOLZ' ?
well sux is a bit of a dunce word if u get me to use. but in the end, as i have said before, to u is ur beliefs and to me is mine. i jsut say that u try and understand the way islam workds and why, instead on continues, 'Islam sux' 'Islam sux' 'Islam sux'. That is all i ever ask. i do not try to force ideas on u or for u to convert. i only ask that u understand our reason. as i will try to understadn urs. for i was once a non-mulsim too u know!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
What the hell.. I was just explaining that logical reasoning should be applied to all beliefs, you seem to have accepted that yet still attack me for advocating it?

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
i hate it how hillsong has to force you to 'donate' money so that they can continue to spread their *vomits* faith and message *vomits again* with louder speakers, more crazy rock bands and larger audiences...its a continously growing fungus that feeds upon itself and its surroundings...heck, they even have their own health clinics, schools...so much for their faith in god, focusing on their material wealth...hahaha what a contradiction...

its the new generation of the catholic church peoples! beware!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
i hate it how hillsong has to force you to 'donate' money so that they can continue to spread their *vomits* faith and message *vomits again* with louder speakers, more crazy rock bands and larger audiences...its a continously growing fungus that feeds upon itself and its surroundings...heck, they even have their own health clinics, schools...so much for their faith in god, focusing on their material wealth...hahaha what a contradiction...

its the new generation of the catholic church peoples! beware!
yeah thanks for the warning, damn christians go to hell (if you have one) go there burn (if its really hot there) and get stabbed in the butt like how Homer did. A go to hell in honour like Homer.

stainmepink

HSC
GLORIA JEANS' and HILLSONG

I am from today, boycotting all gloria jean's products. this scares the shit out of me.

----------------------

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/03/1093939141357.html?from=storyrhs

The rich do their blocks
By Andrew Hornery
September 4, 2004
Gloria be

A double decaf epiphany with a twist?

A cosy relationship has blossomed between one of Sydney's fastest growing churches, the hand-clapping hard rock preachers at Hillsong, and the Gloria Jean's chain of coffee shops.

While the two founders of Gloria Jean's in Australia say there is no financial link between the coffee company and the church, both are devout followers of the Hillsong gospel - one sits on the church's board.

"I've often had people ask me if the church is owned Gloria Jean's ... it's not true," said the managing director of Gloria Jean's, Peter Irvine.

But it is true that he is a member of the Hillsong Church, while his co-founder and partner in Gloria Jean's, Nabi Saleh, is a Hillsong elder and sits on the Hillsong board of directors.

"But no, this is not a diversification for Hillsong," Irvine said.

"There is no financial link."

Several Gloria Jean's franchisees are also Hillsong devotees.

"My business partner and I ... we both go to the church and have done for a long time," Irvine said, agreeing the way the Gloria Jean's business ran reflected the principles of Hillsong. Gloria Jean's also has a training centre next door to the Hillsong complex at Baulkham Hills. "I think that has helped to confuse people," he said.

Gloria Jean's performance in Australia has been nothing short of divine. Since Irvine and Saleh went to the US and secured the Australian rights for the business in 1996, the chain has grown to 200 stores, employing 3500 people, which last year generated $85 million in revenue.

And Hillsong is not far behind.

Last year it had total revenue of $33.5 million, but once things like administration and service expenses were deducted, it was left with a paltry $121,523.

Luckily the Hillsong Church, which has had big success from sales of its chart-topping CDs, is exempt from paying any tax.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Re: GLORIA JEANS' and HILLSONG

But its not actually owned by Hillsong

stainmepink

HSC

i don't want to buy anything thats tied in with that commercial evangelical cult.

how dodgy is that though?

stainmepink

HSC

On 8th and 9th of October, 2005, Gloria Jean’s coffee houses around Australia are hosting a special event, Cappuccino for a Cause, to support the work of Mercy Ministries. When you buy a Cappuccino or Cappuccino Chiller over the event weekend, 50 cents from each sale will be donated to Mercy Ministries.

What is Mercy Ministries?

Mercy Australia runs a residential program for young women aged between 16 and 28 years with life controlling issues. These issues range from eating disorders, unplanned pregnancies, substance abuse, eating disorders, self harm, suicidal tendencies, depression and anxiety, and the effects of sexual and physical abuse. The average stay for a resident is approx 10 months, depending on each individual girl.

The program is very structured and is based on Christian principles. The residents have class time and bible study daily.

According to the SMH,

The founders of Gloria Jeans, Mr Irvine and Nabi Saleh, are both members of the Hillsong Church.

Hillsong, as most Aussies by now know, is a pretty scary evangelical church based in Sydney that is making a major push to get its members elected to Federal Parliament, and had some recent successes. The church has attracted several high profile Australian politicians to its events. The line between Church and State in this country is blurring and it scares the hell out of me. How long before we end up like the US?

What many Aussies may not know, however, is that the church has it's share of skeletons, including the founder's father, who held senior positions in the church, but was forced to resign in 2000 "following exposure of his homosexual paedophile activities whilst ministering in New Zealand some thirty years earlier."

Hillsong also, allegedly, makes a LOT of tax-free money. On 3 August, 2005, The Australian reported that both Brian and Bobbie Houston were under investigation by the Office of Fair Trading for failing to file financial statements.

So, anyway, the bottom line is - if you buy coffee from Gloria Jean's on Oct 8 & 9, be aware that those funds are going to go towards the fundamentalist Christian brainwashing of some already pretty messed up young women. Telling them that they were born into sin and are damned to eternal hellfire if they don't worship a guy who died 2000 years ago is really what they DON'T need right now.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC

gobaby said:
i don't want to buy anything thats tied in with that commercial evangelical cult.

how dodgy is that though?
not very.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)