Poll: Would you drop english if you could? (1 Viewer)

Would you drop english if it wasn't compulsory?

• Yes!

Votes: 51 71.8%
  • No!

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters

tom666

english wouldnt be so bad if it didnt have to count in your uai and if they gave u ten or so minutes more for each essay. 40 minutes is just ridculus!

Frith

if english was not compulsory i would not even think of choosing it, not even in my wildest dreams its full of crap that we wont ever need for the future.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Frith said:
if english was not compulsory i would not even think of choosing it, not even in my wildest dreams its full of crap that we wont ever need for the future.
wow, strong words. don't say that "we wont ever need it", coz for people doing journalism for example...well, they actually DO need english. :p

astro

HSC
I would not drop english - just love the subject....
I'm so lucky maths isn't counted in the ten units, i suck at it.....envy all those people who can do 3u and 4u maths

cameron0110

HSC
I would drop english if it wasn't compulsory and I would have done bio which I've realised this year I probably should have done. At the same time I don't really mind it that much and the only reason I hate it being compulsory is that it biases everything towards humanity people so seeing as english compulsory, so should one science and one social science... but I'm biased myself cause I do a bit of everything so it would just make me look better :cool: .

tennille

HSC
I agree with you WOF. I dont understand why maths isnt compulsory anymore. I voted that I would drop English but I think should be compulsory (we do need it to a certain extent).

J

jhakka

That's because Ext is so much more fun (not even mentioning Ext 2). Its only one module, and is a lot easier.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
If I had my choice I probably would have taken advanced... I should have and I would have done extension... but then again I probably would have ended up dropping advanced if it werent compulsry... but u cant just do ext... so back to square one.. Im in standard, hate it and woud never have taken standard... get it? ;)

lala2

Banned
HSC
withoutaface said:
English should be compulsory. But so should maths.
Yah, maths should be made compulsory. I reckon the official BOS didn't make maths compulsory in the new HSC just so that certain people who suck at maths big time and cream English could raise their UAIs. So unfair. Either they should make maths compulsory, like withoutaface said, or not make English compulsory. I'd prefer the latter, actually, but even then, I might've kept English, it's just that then there's no pressure that English will definitely be counted in the UAI, so maybe I could've had space to "enjoy" the subject, rather than treating it as a necessary burden, if you follow me.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i agree with withoutaface eng and maths shud both b compulsory, english will always b compulsory coz its important and it relates to other subjects such as history (essay writing skills)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)