Pool (1 Viewer)

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
oh.. i thought this thread was abt real life pool, where you actually hold a stick and play. i'm totally unco :S

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
denise_ said:
oh.. i thought this thread was abt real life pool, where you actually hold a stick and play. i'm totally unco :S
isnt it?

people who play pool IRL tend to play it on the net too

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
denise_ said:
well, i was talking abut the real thing..

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Dr_Gorgeous said:
lol...
it's even better watching drunk people play pool...
hehehe...
good times :)
there is a game of that.. i think its called '8 beers'.

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
i try to play pool.. but suck at it
last game i played i hit the ball too hard.. it flew off the table and slammed into a window... narrowly missing the crotch of the guy that was stansing next to it :eek:

HSC
yay!! i learned how to play

- pool
- snooker
- whats that game where you take 2 numbers....and you gotta try and sink the other dude's numbers and try and keep yours on the table?

HAHAH POOF STICK.....spider stick.....classics.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
- whats that game where you take 2 numbers....and you gotta try and sink the other dude's numbers and try and keep yours on the table?
Kelly Pool, but you usually do it with one number.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
I have a pool table and me and a few mates have been playing regularly for a while. So whenever we see a pool table at a Club/Lounge bar we try to play other guys for money and we've won all games so far but it hasnt been really competitive.

And some ppl have really weird rules! Like carry over?? If someone sinks your ball, misses everything, or touches your ball first that is 2 shots. But the person taking two shots, if he sinks a ball, he still doesnt have two shots, he only has one. That is the way i play it, carry over is shit (the other alternative). (understand is?)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
LaCe said:
I have a pool table and me and a few mates have been playing regularly for a while. So whenever we see a pool table at a Club/Lounge bar we try to play other guys for money and we've won all games so far but it hasnt been really competitive.

And some ppl have really weird rules! Like carry over?? If someone sinks your ball, misses everything, or touches your ball first that is 2 shots. But the person taking two shots, if he sinks a ball, he still doesnt have two shots, he only has one. That is the way i play it, carry over is shit (the other alternative). (understand is?)
depends if u wanna play ball in hand, international or bar.

2 shot penalty is what I started playing with..

whats carry over?

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Carry over:
you have 2 shots because your opponent fouled.
you sink one of your balls, do you still have 2 shots?? (NO!)
when you do still have two shots, that is carry over.

What everyone plays is that when you have 2 shots and you sink one of your own balls, you still only have 1 shot left.

Justpassing

HSC
I love pool. It's almost a rule that any place that wants to be a pub must have a pool table because pool is one of those games that is actually enhanced by alcohol.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
LaCe said:
Carry over:
you have 2 shots because your opponent fouled.
you sink one of your balls, do you still have 2 shots?? (NO!)
when you do still have two shots, that is carry over.

What everyone plays is that when you have 2 shots and you sink one of your own balls, you still only have 1 shot left.
just ask what rules ppl play before starting the game, otherwise it'll end up being confusing. i tend to play ball in hand, because that's the official way, but in pubs its generally 2shot rule. some ppl even play no penalties for fouls, as long as they're not deliberate fouls. so if you normally play 2 shots, stick with that, and if the opponent says they play carry over, just use it to your advantage - try and not foul, and aim to snooker them, and get more shots. even try and run out the table!

i have a pool table. i got it a year or two ago, when i became totally obsessed with pool. Nowadays i hardly play. even after HSC's over. It gets boring, and a bit of a hassle to unpack and pack up again. btw, its a 9ft table, which is the American official tournament size. (i like to be official, with the table and the rules).
and if u play on bigger tables (9ft - 12ft), you just think it's way easy when playing on a 6 or 7 ft bar table. the table looks like something you pull out of a showbag. but yeah, practise on big tables once you get alrite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)