posibility? UWS: B design (visual comm)- UTS: B design (visual comm) O_o (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiyn

HSC
OK firstly, To S1mplykat..

Of course it is possible :)
Speaking as a student who got into uts visual communications through internal course transfer (it's the same process), the interviewers are looking for students who have a real passion for the feild. They look for it in the quality of your work obviously, and your previous years results. For these you will need at least a C average and also ignore any limitations on the number of works you can bring in (this is what the interviewers told me), but on the other hand don't bring in just anything thinking "oh well can't hurt," because it really can diminish your chances, bring only your absolute best work and if you can have someone with experience look atit first. Other ways to get across to them are through things such as work experience and short courses (which will also help you build a portfolio) and most importantly, the written statement. This allows you a vehicle in which you can perfectly convey everything you need to about yourself, basically you need to sell yourself here (why do you deserve this?). Also keep up a professional practice, go to exhibitions ect, they will probably ask you about this...have opinions. Lastly i think it's also a very good idea to make yourself known. Email the faculty, come in, ask advice ect. Get yourself known, it shows a real determination :)

Thats all i can think of on that issue right now lol.

Secondly, im sorry but i can't ignore this...

groovejet said:
The universities have consulted with the industry and they believe a four year degree would be beneficial as it give the student time to develop their own projects but I say it clearly, not all individuals or groups require people with a 4 year degree in design. The groups that do probably those highly commerical ones that need to spell it out to make sure there are no insecurities to their business. It does not make any difference if you do a four year degree or not. Have you considered in the other parts of the world where the degree is only 3 years and in fairness much better and more established than the univerisities here that provide a design education? Numbers don't mean anything and considering when not all graduates will not be as serious and highly motivated, I can say groups are looking to self-presentation and the person's ability and personality. Sometimes it's not your work but if you don't have good communication or your arrogant, you won't be successful. Justifying the high cutt-offs for popularity is good but can you actually justify the high-offs for people who do know half of what they are getting into? Half of the people don't even know what they are getting in for and all they care about is when they have tut's in using photoshop. It's fair to give them every good chance but if they don't realise what they are getting into than it's not good for the industry and above all, Australian Design. If the DIA actually want to do something about it than advise (not recommend) universities to provide a foundation art/design course of a 1 year and expose potential students to what is design.

As for am I am concerned, the DIA recommends everything but hasn't help me out in anyway. All you can do as a so called designer is trust your instincts, build a network of people whether be friends or clients and get into contact with studios/agencies. If you want to seek a 4 year degree then go for it. I'm doing it because I'm committed and motivated but you can't say this to everyone single person as maybe it's their only way and it's a formaility for their c.v. Ask Andrew from DIK, it was a waste of time.

Nothing that I said previously is contradictory and I said that the reality of design is to be considered because it's highly competitive and highly saturated especially in Australia and the only key to groups differentiating who should be hired is a good folio. Consider those who have gone to New York at 18 worked as a junior art director or assistant to art director and they are now working their way up with years of experience. These people that I know of did not have any formal education at all and they become successful. They believed that they believed they had confidence and the employer in the role. Be successful in any role means more than a piece of paper: being able to sell yourself but having good verbal skills, being presentable and above all, having a good personality and keeping in contacts with clients.

Everyone has a different direction but I'm going with my instincts, building a network of people I know of that can assist me and be motivated enough to seek opportunities. Having a four degree paper doesn't add any credibility when you have nothing to show for it. Now sorry, I've got to worry about my own skin than helping everyone else.

Who wants to be a creative director? So you can earn $100,000+ or more and think your better than everyone and be overbearing in a over commericalised company? No thanks, I'll rather be humber and thankful when I'm older and be grateful for what I have achieved like Ken Garland or working individuals like Paul Rand.
First off, you seem to use this word "commercial" alot as if it is a certain section of the design feild, but what you must understand is design IS commercial. Designers make products, and those products must sell. It's a fundamental fact that seperates artists and designers. In order for products to sell, you must accept the "commercial" nature of the feild.

It most definitely does make a difference wether or not you undertake a four year degree. Yes of course there maybe some exceptions where amazingly talented people work there way to the top without a degree but that shouldn't be confused with what is the standard. Simply speaking logically, an employer would rather someone with more experience than less, and most importantly, it is these 4 years that allow you to build an impressive portfolio under the guidance of people from the feild itself.

Ok, now im sorry but your comment about how half the people in the degree don't know what there in for and simply come along for photoshop tutes is complete rubish. If you actually had attended a uts design class you would realise that the standard is VERY high and that you are infact surrounded by a group of highly motivated people who know EXACTLY where they are headed, for example, i have a friend who has, before even starting uni, illustrated a published book. She has allways known where she is headed. People don't come in to learn photoshop, they already intimately know it, they have been practicing for years. This is the standard of design at UTS.

It's also important to mention that i don't know how you consider the reputation of UTS overseas as opposed to these "3 year...much better" courses, but i think if you read any comments from overseas sources you will find things like "An elite group of design students that are incomparable [to others in the feild]." Yes, a network of supporters is good, but it wont get you to where you need to be alone.

Lastly i'd like to make it clear than a creative director doesn't THINK they are better than other designers, they ARE among the most highly skilled in their proffession as they have accomplished years of training both at university level and in the industry and are as such rightfully at one of the highest levels attainable in the feild.

LOL sorry for my insanely long post but it everything that i fealt i had to say, and S1mplykat, i hope you find this usefull :)

Good Luck!!

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
It's "field" ffs - very off putting when someone tries to look like they know what they're talking about (and they might actually do) but continually make the same spelling mistake.

msh

HSC
natstar said:
Again please, I wish you would read what I say more carefully, (in addition to the fact my username is NATstar not NETstar). I did not say everyone should go to private colleges (BTW I did not even mention TAFE), I made a SUGGESTION....look it up. If your not for other peoples suggestion without being rude and ignorant then an internet discussion forum is not really you. I am in no way how serious the thread starter is about what she wants to do with her degree, what she wants to become etc etc etc, therefore I dont give a shit about whatever the DIA says
I wanted this thread to be on track with its topic name but ah well you called for it.

sorry NATstar, but it has been concluded way long before that yes 4 yrs degree would be the most appropriate than your suggestion.
Let me make it simple for you to understand.
DIA recommends 4yrs bachelor's degree study which is only available at university VS 'i know someone who is a graphic designer at some magazine and he didnt go to uni'
Wooo I WONDER WHO's MORE CREDIBLE. So hard deciding who to listen to isn't it. A large governing body that stands for Design Institute of Australia verses an individual that hasn't exactly succeeded that much as an example to say private schools are the way to go. You do realise what you are suggesting is totally unwarranted as you haven't got any credible/unbiased data to back it up, haven't u learnt that at uni? So just like the way you made an assumption, I'll also make one and say that the chance of a guy becoming famous and extremely successful without a degree these days is like 1 in 100,000. (I'm probably not that far off either) Logic deems that a university grad would obviously be better than a private school grad. why? just like what hellomike said, they barely touch on theory and its only practical, they will let almost anybody on board as long as they are willing to pay the money$$$$ instead of academic achievements and talent. ppl that apply to it are those who missed out due to not meeting the academic selection criterias with rich parents and thinks they are designers just because they know how to play with photoshop. Once again, like what DIA says if you are serious about design you should do a 4 yrs bachelors degree. this is NOT my opinion but a FACT straight out of an institution that stands for professional designers in australia. What's more to debate about it?

"I am in no way how serious the thread starter is about what she wants to do with her degree, what she wants to become etc etc etc, therefore I dont give a shit about whatever the DIA says"
How could you not realise how serious she is if the thread is actually about TRANSFERING from UWS to UTS. Woo I'm gonna think of transferring from UWS to UTS design for fun~ OBVIOUSLY NOT! We are DAMN SERIOUS about our future, that's why we are trying to TRANSFER. You sidetracked this topic and try to rain on us for no apparent reason and I proved this point wrong, stop trying to extend this already proved wrong issue and make this thread get back to its point!
It's very funny that you were upset that I called you ignorant and you just displayed your ignorance by saying 'i dont give a shit about whatever the DIA says.' Yeh apparently a big institution's words mean nothing to you.
(Also it's rather amusing isn't it... whilst you were sooo upset that i called you ignorant and unwarranted and I once again proved that you were. it must be really hard trying to face reality but denial isn't the way to escape :))
cheers:wave:

Last edited:

msh

HSC
Anonymou5 said:
It's "field" ffs - very off putting when someone tries to look like they know what they're talking about (and they might actually do) but continually make the same spelling mistake.
kaiyn made some spelling mistakes but if you read carefully his points are actually very good.:) i think its rather trivial and childish that you are picking on kaiyn's spellings to ridicule his valid points.

groovejet

HSC
N/A
Kaiyn said:
OK firstly, To S1mplykat..

Speaking as a student who got into uts visual communications through internal course transfer (it's the same process), the interviewers are looking for students who have a real passion for the feild. They look for it in the quality of your work obviously, and your previous years results. For these you will need at least a C average and also ignore any limitations on the number of works you can bring in (this is what the interviewers told me), but on the other hand don't bring in just anything thinking "oh well can't hurt," because it really can diminish your chances, bring only your absolute best work and if you can have someone with experience look atit first. Other ways to get across to them are through things such as work experience and short courses (which will also help you build a portfolio) and most importantly, the written statement. This allows you a vehicle in which you can perfectly convey everything you need to about yourself, basically you need to sell yourself here (why do you deserve this?). Also keep up a professional practice, go to exhibitions ect, they will probably ask you about this...have opinions. Lastly i think it's also a very good idea to make yourself known. Email the faculty, come in, ask advice ect. Get yourself known, it shows a real determination :)

First off, you seem to use this word "commercial" alot as if it is a certain section of the design feild, but what you must understand is design IS commercial. Designers make products, and those products must sell. It's a fundamental fact that seperates artists and designers. In order for products to sell, you must accept the "commercial" nature of the feild.

It most definitely does make a difference wether or not you undertake a four year degree. Yes of course there maybe some exceptions where amazingly talented people work there way to the top without a degree but that shouldn't be confused with what is the standard. Simply speaking logically, an employer would rather someone with more experience than less, and most importantly, it is these 4 years that allow you to build an impressive portfolio under the guidance of people from the feild itself.

Ok, now im sorry but your comment about how half the people in the degree don't know what there in for and simply come along for photoshop tutes is complete rubish. If you actually had attended a uts design class you would realise that the standard is VERY high and that you are infact surrounded by a group of highly motivated people who know EXACTLY where they are headed, for example, i have a friend who has, before even starting uni, illustrated a published book. She has allways known where she is headed. People don't come in to learn photoshop, they already intimately know it, they have been practicing for years. This is the standard of design at UTS.

It's also important to mention that i don't know how you consider the reputation of UTS overseas as opposed to these "3 year...much better" courses, but i think if you read any comments from overseas sources you will find things like "An elite group of design students that are incomparable [to others in the feild]." Yes, a network of supporters is good, but it wont get you to where you need to be alone.

Lastly i'd like to make it clear than a creative director doesn't THINK they are better than other designers, they ARE among the most highly skilled in their proffession as they have accomplished years of training both at university level and in the industry and are as such rightfully at one of the highest levels attainable in the feild.

LOL sorry for my insanely long post but it everything that i fealt i had to say, and S1mplykat, i hope you find this usefull :)

Good Luck!!

First off, who does not understand that design is commerical. But can you say all "design" has good credibility? And I am not speaking about work done by the known studios/agencies/companies but across the board. And I hope I made it cleared before that I made a stupid mistake before by saying that students come into class because they want simply use the computer, I got carried away on that point but you cannot say that for everyone and you cannot say for everyone that they know where they are headed. You can't also say that they are not coming in to learn the software applications because the school does not expect you to know them and everyone is not an expert.

I seem to get the picture that you consider things one sided. People have been stressing or make out the point that it is good to do a four year degree. My god, individuals who choose a university direction feel that this is what is comfortable for them to gain a strong discipline. I am not saying you have to go this direction and this is what this thread has been trying to emphasise. Is anyone expecting people to go into this profession with a long term degree? Individuals who have had a strong folio have been fortunate to be working in the industry already. Comparing the university with overseas is only to draw comparision that whether you are completing a three year degree or four year degree, does it actually matter? Your final year will be time for you to explore what you want to build and conceptualise. Who is comparing the reputation of this university overseas? If this is what Australia has best to offer than what else can you consider other than moving overseas. A network of people you know who can offer you work is not good but excellent because if you start out as a freelance designer, how can you build a better folio? Working alone? People have the choice of being a freelancer or working for a studio/group. Not everyone goes freelance because they are not comfortable with that idea and rather be working with a group of people on a day to day business in a working environment.

'Having a four degree paper doesn't add any credibility when you have nothing to show for it.' This is rather funny.. Um..Would you actually have passed and graduated from a 4 yrs degree if you really had nothing at all to show from all the works done for 4 years plus work experience?.......A degree means alot acutally..How can you undermine what a degree holds when you have experienced university education on your own..This is rather a disrepect to anybody who went through an university education. It can represent self commitment , dedication etc.

Yeah who cannot say passing a degree and showing some worth from it but who is to say everyone is as dedicated? People can be passing and be producing work that they had to because it was an assessment so they could just get it over with and get a pass for their subject/s. People who had a university education who actually wanted to do it not because they had to and had no where to go benefited from it. Not everyone is has committed and they enjoy their social life more than they do at university.

Also.. you do realise design is an applied/commercial form of art....right?

How stupid and pathetic do I think I am? Another one of those typical obvious questions where 1+1 should equal 2 but people are questioning it may not be. Don't get all fine arts rennaisance righteous on me, mate. Don't talk to me like you actually really know me in person. God lol lol, this is even more hilarious that I am having to justifying shit to you above all people.

I have had enough of this thread. I'll bring it to one point and that is no one is forcing you do go down the path of choosing university study where fours years of your life made prove successful or unsuccessful in that you gain the freedom to work and enjoy your social life more than study. No one is saying you have to taken this path. People have taken wide and diverse paths to get to where they are.

Last edited:

s1mplykat

HSC
Kaiyn said:
K firstly, To S1mplykat..

Good Luck!!
wow Kaiyn, thanks for replying to my question.:) this gives me hope indeed, although since my orientation day ive actually grown quite attached to uws and its design course structure.. lols, darn the commute though.. haha..
i guess this tread that i've started has caused a bit of controversy based on bias's. please don't go too crazy over one another's different opinions about the feild of design, otherwise this tread may get closed.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
natstar said:
I think you still are completly missing my point lol. You think I am arguing with everything you say. I am not arguing anything. I made a suggestion. A suggestion is something that cannot be argued.
You must think Im stupid. Why would I think that someone would be transferring for fun??? The thread starter has not even started university, so if you would read my original post which said " you should have thought about applying at a private college". I would think that a private college would be better that UWS's design course, and she could have then transferred to UTS. Its like someone saying to me I should have gone to a business school to study marketing and then transferred to the uni of my choice if I didnt get the required UAI.

If you had posted something more sensible like hellomike, rather than labelling me ignorant and my sugestion unwarranted, that would have been more sufficient and mature.

For the record, a degree at KvB is not 2 years, its 3 years fulltime, and it has close industry associations ith the DIA.
Actually, you can argue a suggestion. If someone suggested that you should cease posting on bos as you've been unhelpful, wouldn't you argue this?

msh

HSC
natstar said:
I think you still are completly missing my point lol. You think I am arguing with everything you say. I am not arguing anything. I made a suggestion. A suggestion is something that cannot be argued.
You must think Im stupid. Why would I think that someone would be transferring for fun??? The thread starter has not even started university, so if you would read my original post which said " you should have thought about applying at a private college". I would think that a private college would be better that UWS's design course, and she could have then transferred to UTS. Its like someone saying to me I should have gone to a business school to study marketing and then transferred to the uni of my choice if I didnt get the required UAI.

If you had posted something more sensible like hellomike, rather than labelling me ignorant and my sugestion unwarranted, that would have been more sufficient and mature.

For the record, a degree at KvB is not 2 years, its 3 years fulltime, and it has close industry associations ith the DIA.
No I am not missing any of your point. Here is why.

Well as I have proved too many times your suggestion from the very start to simplykat is rather invalid. Like what Stazi said who says a suggestion can't be argued anyway. Since when was answers.com a credible and academic source? :confused:

Not to mention you are giving WRONG suggestions. (Which has been proved too many times...You still choose to ignore it)
So apparently if something is a suggestion you aren't allowed to argue it? LOL Well I suggest that you go jump off the bridge. Are you not gonna argue that and do as I say? :)
Also you totally avoided most points I made lol obviously you have nothing to say about it since it's all correct.
i've never explicitly suggested that you are stupid but you guessed me right on that. So yeh i suggested you are stupid just then.. and you must be according to your logic. You can't argue that according to your logic, right? :) it was a SUGGESTION. :)

You and groovejet are setting quiet an example on why people don't take UWS grads seriously. (God I need to get out fast not to associate with this level of intelligence)

It's ironic that you think i'm arguing your suggestion.. I just happen to have the correct factual information straight from DIA which goes against your suggestion. You obviously can't tell between a healthy criticism with factual evidences and someone who's arguing with no backings. Yeh..it is ironic..Coming from a person who made a nice thread get locked up from arguing over nothing...
-proof is here-
http://community.boredofstudies.org...ht-way-you-should-view-your-university/2.html

tsk tsk natstar.

Last edited:

msh

HSC
stazi said:
Actually, you can argue a suggestion. If someone suggested that you should cease posting on bos as you've been unhelpful, wouldn't you argue this?
Hehe...
You know.. Stazi's suggestion is actually right :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I also suggest Natstar stop posting on threads where you lack knowledge of as you have been unhelpful, proved by this thread and the linked thread... And she really should stop and she will according to her logic. she can't argue that back. can she? :)

I'm almost thinking that she's just posting everywhere just to get her number of posts up and causing arguments.

Last edited:

Kaiyn

HSC
A nice bunch of contradicitons by Groovejet:

"First off, who does not understand that design is commerical"
"and be overbearing in a over commericalised company? No thanks"

"Who is comparing the reputation of this university overseas?"
"in the other parts of the world where the degree is only 3 years and in fairness much better and more established than the univerisities here"
"If this is what Australia has best to offer than what else can you consider other than moving overseas" (my point was it's not just the best Australia has to offer, it's recognised as among best the WORLD has to offer).

juni : "Would you actually have passed and graduated from a 4 yrs degree if you really had nothing at all to show from all the works done for 4 years plus work experience?"
Groovjet: "who is to say everyone is as dedicated? People can be passing and be producing work that they had to because it was an assessment so they could just get it over with and get a pass for their subject/s"
(We are talking about cut offs of 90+ here...90+ REQUIRES DEDICATION)

Some more interesting quotes:

"Don't get all fine arts rennaisance righteous on me" (this makes absolutely no sense what so ever)

"whether you are completing a three year degree or four year degree, does it actually matter?" (more experience is obviously better than less).

"no one is forcing you do go down the path of choosing university study where fours years of your life made prove successful or unsuccessful in that you gain the freedom to work and enjoy your social life more than study. No one is saying you have to taken this path" (Obviously nobody is being forced to do anything, we are arguing because the value of our degree is being undermined, not debating freedom of choice)

Kaiyn

HSC
PS Natstar...please stop making a fool of yourself, not only CAN a suggestion be argued, in your case it really SHOULD be...

msh

HSC
"No, you are missing my point becuase you dont know what my point is. My point IS, I made a suggetion of what she could have possibly done before getting into UWS."

No no no, that's not what you suggested, you suggested THIS.

"If you really really want to get into this field, you should have thought about applying at a private college like KvB, Billy Blue etc. They are regarded highly over universities becuase they are more specialist. No need for a UAI, just an exam/interview/portfolio"

Which I PROVED YOU WRONG WITH FACTUAL BACK UPS FROM THE DIA. That private schools are NOT regarded higher than universities. (Prooven way too many times god...Not to mention, you are the ONLY one that is thinking this in this thread, everyone else agreed. Again, who's more credible, the DIA recommends a 4 yr degree vs an individual UWS grad and her opinion that it's not. I keep repeating myself for someone who lacks the brain to understand or something) There are so many things ridiculous about this. Not only is the suggestion wrong, but the reasoning behind is simply a comedy. A uai of 50 must be better than 100 for you, and a band 1 is better than band 6 for you.

"IF you had made a mature post like hellomike did in reponse to my post, then that would have been the end. But no, you called me ignorant and what I have to say unwarranted. THAT IS MY POINT. I have not once arged anything that the DIA has said, so stop repeating it!"

I called you unwarranted and ignorant for it was unwarranted and ignorant. Which I also proved to you again on why you were. Read back and stop making me repeat it for you.

"I am not arguing anything you say. Clearly you have no maturity and have a hissy fit and thow in personal attacks whenever someone says something you dont agree with."

Well I only came here to correct the wrong information given out by an ignorant person. At least when I'm raising my points it actually makes sense and is logical unlike yours. ie: 'suggestions can't be argued' HAHAHAHAHA (Or the fact that you still don't get what's happening with this issue, the debate was conclued like 2 pages before this)

"As I said, Im not psychic and I have no idea how extreamly serious the thread starter is about her career"

Excuses excuses. AGAIN I already raised this point in my past replies...But here we go again. How could you honestly not realise how serious she is if she bothered to make a THREAD ABOUT TRANSFERING FROM UWS TO UTS. She is DAMN Serious. Otherwise, she would just be happy with the UWS degree, wouldn't she?

" and the fact that well according to you, she has to do a 4 year university degree at UTS otherwise she will have no career whatsoever in design and fail at life miserably. There is no guarantee anyone can transfer into such a competitive degree, and basically what you are implying is that if you dont get into this degree, thats it."

It's worth a try. Who are you to stop us from trying to better ourselves by transfering anyway. Its normal for anyone to strive for the better, obviously you didn't. don't think ppl are all like you and be satisified with UWS, cuz the majority aren't, thus there are so many trying to TRANSFER out.

"Just becuase people choose to go to a private college DOES NOT mean they are no serious about their career in design. People could say, oh you went to UWS, thats shit, your not serious about your career just becuase its not the best business school in the world. As much as you say I am, Im not stupid. I wouldent waste 12k on a degree I could do nothing with without taking out the research first."

Whatever helps you to sleep at night...Keep trying to convince yourself that UWS and private schools are good. Don't go around trying to convince others, cuz we have a brain.

"You say my suggestions have no basis, but I DO KNOW people who have undergone this and succeeded in this field. NOT EVERYONE is going to be a creative director or get to the top of the industry, even if they go to the most presigious deisgn school in the world, please be more realistic."

Thanks for letting me know that you don't have any major aspirations in life, would be rather funny if you did.

"And the link, I'm sorry but I didnt make the thread.
I am a UWS graduate. Employers HAVE taken me seriously, as resulted by the number of interviews and job offers I got, including one in the UK which I start in July. So if people are going to argue that UWS is shit, graduates are shit, thats all so the more reason I should argue. How are you going to feel if you cant get out of UWS? Are you going to let people go around saying you are crap at design, your never going to get a job bla bla bla? Or are you going to be confident in your own capabilities as a designer and what you have learnt in your degree and stick it out just the way I have?"

I guess you are happy being a check out chick at Woolworths...Well if I can't get out of UWS, I would try to accept my destiny instead of trying to argue and convince others that UWS is the place to go for design, cuz that's deceiving. lol

And if you think I am trying to up my post count, please..You just quoted what Stazi said, after previously referring to it in your previous post."

It never occured to me that way and I wouldn't be hanging around here after graduation unlike you, hanging out here long way after graduation giving unhelpful advises that I proved you wrong on whilst getting angry at someone for correcting it. Reality sux for you doesn't it.

"P.s You find me a credible link that says, a suggestion can't be argued."

Why would I do your homework or is this some kind of a sneaky way of changing your opinion? You are the one that clearly said that a 'suggestion cannot be argued.' Common sense and majority of people's response to your ignorant comment tells me that suggestions CAN be argued, refuted or disputed. Like what Kaiyn said, in this case it SHOULD be for your suggestion was WRONG. Are you really a uni grad...? :)

Last edited:

Kaiyn

HSC
Natstar...lol...What your saying is so wrong in so many ways that i really can't be bothered writing a full argument against it...

Besides i know you will ignore it even if i do like you do to Msh...

msh

HSC
Exactly.. I'm like talking with a brainless robot.....
I keep repeating myself for this bimbo who is soo clueless, she's just embarrassing herself post after post.
please stop already, this is ridiculous.
Look at your initial statement.
"If you really really want to get into this field, you should have thought about applying at a private college like KvB, Billy Blue etc. They are regarded highly over universities becuase they are more specialist. No need for a UAI, just an exam/interview/portfolio"

Go figure why I called you ignorant instead of making me repeat it for you over and over again.
I proved you wrong on that factor 2 pages before this using factual evidences by a large institution that stands for professional body of australian designers (ie the DIA) and yet here you are still replying to me and arguing with me whilst being in denial that you are arguing. Not to mention despite the number of replies by ppl that were amazed at your ignorant commet suggesting that 'a suggestion can't be argued,' you still refuse to listen. Yet you wonder why I called you stupid and ignorant. Everything that you don't get is not rocket science or a hard concept to grasp.
* Like I said, I suggest that you go jump off the bridge, are you not gonna argue that and do as I say according to your logic? (Why do i have to repeat this lol she didn't get it in the first go and still doesn't)
* Who's more credible, the DIA recommends a 4yrs bachelors degree (which is only achievable from a uni not private schools) VS 'i know someone who didn't go to uni' so that means that private schools are better than uni.
* The reasoning behind your ignorant suggestion is seriously a comedy. "They are regarded highly over universities becuase they are more specialist. No need for a UAI, just an exam/interview/portfolio"
Haha.. apparently not needing the uai equates to being better, I guess a Band 1 in a subject is higher than band 6 and a uai of 30 is higher than 100. Who says that school of design attached to uni aren't specialised in their field as well? See the stupidity? It's not hard concepts to grasp either.

You have way too much ego honestly, if you are gonna have that much ego at least live up to it.

To summarise other comedic statements by natstar, i decided to make this.
I bet she probaly won't get the irony in this either.

PS: don't go around thinking that I'm stalking you, you are the one who PROUDLY linked your myspace on your profile and had it set on public. What was your intention of linking your myspace on your profile and have it set as public viewing? You obviously want ppl to click on it and go into it. You are so shamless uploading pics like that with a title 'me pissed at parra.' Must be proud.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
natstar, why is it that you rub so many people the wrong way. why is it that so many people on the forum disagree your suggestions. perhaps, you are indeed wrong about numerous things and have an attitude problem. let me guess, "I couldnt care less about what you or other people think, nor do I have to justify myself to you". then i will post about how ironic your response is, as you do indeed care about arguments (or suggestions) made against you.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

(image removed)

best thing ive ever seen

Last edited by a moderator:

msh

HSC
stazi said:
natstar, why is it that you rub so many people the wrong way. why is it that so many people on the forum disagree your suggestions. perhaps, you are indeed wrong about numerous things and have an attitude problem. let me guess, "I couldnt care less about what you or other people think, nor do I have to justify myself to you". then i will post about how ironic your response is, as you do indeed care about arguments (or suggestions) made against you.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

(image removed)

best thing ive ever seen
Thanks :) Natstar irritated me so much I just had to make it simple for her to understand...
A picture can tell 1000 words and as a design student I just had to express it visually.

Last edited by a moderator:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Why shouldn't he have posted that? You can't handle any criticism? And for the thousandth time, you seem to completely ignore what people say and project your own version of the truth.

natstar says: private colleges are better for advertising than unis
someone says: no, that's not necessarily correct. many employers still prefer uni graduates due to the holistic nature of uni degrees.
natstar says: no, it was a suggestion. im not arguing with you. and i never said private collees are better for advertising than unis.

msh

HSC
natstar said:
For the 17894783874th time, where have I argued you on this. How many times do I have to say this???? Whatever the DIA say is obviously right, so I have not argued this. I made an alternative suggestion. Again, if you posted in a mature way without making personal attacks I would have finished it there, but you didnt. You also are not addressing many of the points I have asked you.
You are doing it right now by arguing with me again.

natstar said:
Anyway:You mentioned not having a UAI equating to better. To get into a private college you need to submit a portfoilo and have an interview. Obviously you need some form of talent in the area to gain admission. A UAI is based on 10 units of study in the HSC. Someone could get a UAI of 90+, but what is to say they have any talent in design? I never said design schools in uni arnt specialised...see your making things up again.
I am not making anything up, you clearly said '"They are regarded highly over universities becuase they are more specialist."

I linked my myspace here forever ago, I forget it was even linked. Why are you even going into it? Your stupid to even make something as lame as that. I'll post whatever pictures I want, are you such a prude to say that I'm shamless to post pics of me drunk? I really dont care. Your so immature you have to resort to that, becuase you cant argue with me, and it has nothing to do with anything. It actually amuses me.
Well you linked it, so I clicked it. Is there anything wrong with that? Fine you can upload whatever pics you like on your myspace but wen u have it set as public and have the link linked for everybody at BOS to see, expect some varying opinions on the pics that you uploaded yourself. LoL you honestly think that I can't argue with you. I had to resort to that to get make it easier for you to understand at your level.

Are you like blind and ignore everything that's written in response to you by other ppl like myself, kaiyn and stazi? Cuz if you read them, you wouldn't be still going ahead with this.

msh

HSC
natstar said:
You just took everything I said out of context, so I dont care.
is this in response to me or stazi, (hard to tell cuz we are all active atm)
but either way, i dont think neither of our comments were out of context. :confused:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
fuck it. i give up. it's not worth the time or effort on my behalf. you are host to a range of mental problems. it's like debating the importance of jews to the economy with Hitler. im just putting you on the ignore list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)