Possibilities of getting a state rank? (1 Viewer)

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
Is it possible to get a state rank if I'm ranked second for a subject (yet the person who came first performs poorly) ? Or... If I achieve a state rank mark does that just simply go to the person who's coming first ?
Thank you :)

iBibah

HSC
Is it possible to get a state rank if I'm ranked second for a subject (yet the person who came first performs poorly) ? Or... If I achieve a state rank mark does that just simply go to the person who's coming first ?
Thank you :)
How close are you to first?

Because if you are really close, you will probably get the same assessment mark. And in that case, if you get 100 externally, you'll both have 100 as your external marks and 100 as your exam mark, so a state rank would still be possible.

Makematics

HSC
You MOST definitely can! There have been many cases where 2nd has gotten a state rank but 1st hasnt

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
You MOST definitely can! There have been many cases where 2nd has gotten a state rank but 1st hasnt
extremely unlikely.

mite i mention its near impossible to state rank if you dont come first in a school not in top 10

lolwot

HSC
depends what subject as well, for the large majority,, low chance.

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
How close are you to first?

Because if you are really close, you will probably get the same assessment mark. And in that case, if you get 100 externally, you'll both have 100 as your external marks and 100 as your exam mark, so a state rank would still be possible.

The difference is only 0.5

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
The reason is because I think I'll probs perform better in my externals as compared to the kid who's coming first now and that's because I beat in the trials, half yearlys and one other assessment... He beat me in one assessment and took over my ranking! Plus, he doesn't do as well in his exams : L ( not trying to sound big and stuff...)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
My school is not top 10 and someone state ranked from rank 5 internally.
i said near impossible. top 5 must be incredibly strong, that year how many people state ranked in the subject at your school.

Candidate

HSC
My school is not top 10 and someone state ranked from rank 5 internally.
The only way that could have happened is if the people ranked above him/her also state ranked. Rank 5 is just too low to have state ranked any other way.

D94

HSC
N/A
The reason is because I think I'll probs perform better in my externals as compared to the kid who's coming first now and that's because I beat in the trials, half yearlys and one other assessment... He beat me in one assessment and took over my ranking! Plus, he doesn't do as well in his exams : L ( not trying to sound big and stuff...)
You are missing the fact that his final school percentage is higher than yours, which must mean he wasn't far behind in most assessments. Even if you just stuffed up one assessment and he did better, he still beat the rest of your cohort overall so don't immediately dismiss him. You would want him (or really, anyone else) to do as well as possible for the sake of your assessment mark, if you do not do better than him in the HSC exam for whatever reason.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
This.

Realise Nothing has spent a large amount of money going to Liverpool TAFE and learning how the state ranks work, and all of you guys are just sitting here speculating without asking him.
This is only half of the truth.

It was UWS.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
You are missing the fact that his final school percentage is higher than yours, which must mean he wasn't far behind in most assessments. Even if you just stuffed up one assessment and he did better, he still beat the rest of your cohort overall so don't immediately dismiss him. You would want him (or really, anyone else) to do as well as possible for the sake of your assessment mark, if you do not do better than him in the HSC exam for whatever reason.
The man speaks.
D94 - the guy who legit works for the Board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)