Possibilities of getting a state rank? (1 Viewer)

darkness70

HSC
State rank is also affected by internal marks. I came 2nd at school for 2u and got 100, but first person also got 100 and she came 6th in state. And I think if she hadn't gotten 100 exam mark I probably wouldn't hve gotten that state rank unless other People also got 100 which resulted in my 100 internals.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
State rank is also affected by internal marks. I came 2nd at school for 2u and got 100, but first person also got 100 and she came 6th in state. And I think if she hadn't gotten 100 exam mark I probably wouldn't hve gotten that state rank unless other People also got 100 which resulted in my 100 internals.
wait how do u come 2nd internally with 100 to get 4th in state
but she comes 1st internally with 100 to get 6th.

iBibah

HSC
wait how do u come 2nd internally with 100 to get 4th in state
but she comes 1st internally with 100 to get 6th.
Maybe first didn't actually get 100% raw, but rather 99 which aligned to 100.

So her 100 was 'better' than 1st' 100.

sarahabc123

HSC
N/A
You are missing the fact that his final school percentage is higher than yours, which must mean he wasn't far behind in most assessments. Even if you just stuffed up one assessment and he did better, he still beat the rest of your cohort overall so don't immediately dismiss him. You would want him (or really, anyone else) to do as well as possible for the sake of your assessment mark, if you do not do better than him in the HSC exam for whatever reason.
No don't get me wrong I'm not dissing him, he is very competitive, though not as competitive in exams. And, I didn't stuff up in any assessments he just beat me by merely 3 marks in one assessment but the % worth of the assessment was higher thus allowing him to overtake me. Thank you for your input!

darkness70

HSC
Maybe first didn't actually get 100% raw, but rather 99 which aligned to 100.

So her 100 was 'better' than 1st' 100.
Maybe that or.. According to my teacher (HSC Marking supervisor), when lots of people get full marks, it all comes down to your working out and how you set out your solutions. Which seems pretty legit as it can distinguish between the top few people. And also, to get FIRST in STATE you'll need to come first in school. (Probably explains why I didn't get that 1st in state.. 3 people got equal first last year for 2u haha)

Makematics

HSC
i said near impossible. top 5 must be incredibly strong, that year how many people state ranked in the subject at your school.
The only way that could have happened is if the people ranked above him/her also state ranked. Rank 5 is just too low to have state ranked any other way.
Look this is what happened. The subject was 4u maths, someone can have a good day in the last question and the marks can go off the charts. That year the guy who ranked 1st internally got a state rank, and the guy who ranked 5th internally got a slightly lower state ranked. So 5th owned the externals, and that got him a high mark for that half of his HSC mark. The internal raw marks at the top were really close, so that meant that his assessment mark was only slightly lower than the top assessment mark, enabling him to get a state rank.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
You definitely came! I came first in biology in my cohort and the person who came 2nd got a state rank! So definitely possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)