possibility of gaining a high uai (1 Viewer)

sexy grl

hi
just like to clarify a situation with u guys if u can help me out.
my friend is in a problem where she is scoring marks in the 40's to the 60's and hopes to get a uai of 93 t0 do Bs of telecommunication engineering is there any hope left in achieving this uai with the trials and hsc still left.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Hrm, there's always **A** possibility, but I'd advise her not to get her hopes up TOO high. It depends on how well the rest of your school goes as well as how well she does (I think).

If she knows she can do well in the trials and the hsc then she probably could get a good uai (well, what I'd consider a good uai).

mat

i would say that based on the final calculations of the uai she can still achieve in the 90s but based on how well she performs (90+ in all subjects)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
The trials are worth a percentage of whatever your school mark is, so halve it and it'll be worth about that much when your UAI is calculated.

If you miss a HSC exam they'll look at your school mark.

The HSC exams themselves are worth 50% of your final assessment (which is then put through a food processor and your UAI is randomly generated). ;)

jims

HSC
err i may b wrong, n i dont care but...

her marks from skool wont b in her hsc marks. she has a rank at skool. after her year sits their hsc, they have a pool of marks and those marks are distributed among her year according to their ranks. theres moderation n scaling n yadiyada...but basically, if she can kill the trials n get a decent rank n her year does well in the hsc (for her subjects), then she can get something good.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
oh yes, true that, jims.

i always forget about rank :\
nevertheless, her rank is dependent on her marks.. and her school rank will decide what school mark she'll get when it's all sent into the bos

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
but the people who have consistently worked will (i assume) do well in the trials as well. it's not very practical to think you could just study last minute and beat everyone else. so i wouldn't get my hopes up either.
but even if she doesn't get into the course she wants, there are always alternative ways to get in, so it's not really the be all and end all. just start studying now and.. yea

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
you are going to have to significantly beat them to counter-act the bad marks from other assessments to boost your ranking as they will increase in marks as well as you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)