possible questions for BNW/BR (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by marsenal
I've written a few essays for BNW/BR and I seem to be focussing mainly on the context and the wild aspect, and not on the actual texts. Meaning I don't have very much textual analysis. Is this really bad or can you get away with mentioning some techniques but not providing too many examples.
na rem. eng. adv. is all about language techniques!:D

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Yeh...but what about mentioning the techniques with explanations, but little going into the actual texts. What I'm trying to get at, is how much do you need to mention about the text. Like can you get away with just having a few mention to a few characters here and there, and a few quotes but the rest just on context, wild and techniques.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Yeh...but what about mentioning the techniques with explanations, but little going into the actual texts. What I'm trying to get at, is how much do you need to mention about the text. Like can you get away with just having a few mention to a few characters here and there, and a few quotes but the rest just on context, wild and techniques.
na, u need to focus on specific aspects...thats what stuffed me up in one of my assessments where i got 10/15.

my teacher told me u gotta refer to specific characters, events, scenes and talk about techniques etc.:rolleyes:

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Thats what i was afraid of. It just seems that we have to talk about so many things in so little time and we have to go into depth for all of them.

Leanne

HSC
Thats what i was afraid of. It just seems that we have to talk about so many things in so little time and we have to go into depth for all of them.
I totally agree....i've been studying for bnw/br today and i have trouble organising my thoughts....i think i need to focus more on the humanity side....and use the 'controlled' aspects of bnw and the replicants to discuss this point.......

but i dont want to include unnecessary quotes and references to characters....like i could talk about Lenina's quotes from being conditioned in the 'natural' world and compare them with the Savages quotes from shakespeare...in the 'unnatural' world...

then in BR, talk about Deckard's attempt to express his love for Rachael 'kiss me, say you love me'.the 'natural'...vs. Roy Batty's poetical 'tears in rain' to express himself..'the unnatural'..

.....meanwhile i still have to watch BR again to refresh my memory of stuff.....

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
the marking is soooo unpredictable though

if u look at the exemplar for 2002, it doesn't really get into techniques at all, but received 20/20 from two markers?

if i do an essay that omits techniques at my school, the teacher will give me a mark barely over 50% and say 'everything's fantastic, but you had no language analysis' for class essays

now she's a hsc marker, so that = big inconsistencies in what they're looking for?

*disgruntled opponent of BOS*

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by ssssonicyouth
the marking is soooo unpredictable though

if u look at the exemplar for 2002, it doesn't really get into techniques at all, but received 20/20 from two markers?...
na, if u go read it again, u'll find that the guy did put techniques in there, he also put film techniques for bladerunner as well.:rolleyes:

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
na, if u go read it again, u'll find that the guy did put techniques in there, he also put film techniques for bladerunner as well.:rolleyes:
really ?? apologies to the board of studies then.. :p

the thing i noticed about that response was that the writing was soooo nice... my messy writing makes me look stupid regardless of the content of my essay, and it's a bastard cause it'll hurt me with impression markers

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
really ?? apologies to the board of studies then.. :p

the thing i noticed about that response was that the writing was soooo nice... my messy writing makes me look stupid regardless of the content of my essay, and it's a bastard cause it'll hurt me with impression markers
yeah, its ok...anyways, yeah at this point in time, stuff lookin' at ya handwriting...it shouldn't matter...i even heard that they have special markers for bad handwriting there in the marking room...so why ru worrying for.:D

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
*sigh of relief*

that's almost as good as the thing i read yesterday that they DONT take marks off for transcription errors in maths so long as the question isn't made easier

almost every single mark i lost this year was on f*king transcription errors!!!

oops.. wrong forum :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
*sigh of relief*

that's almost as good as the thing i read yesterday that they DONT take marks off for transcription errors in maths so long as the question isn't made easier

almost every single mark i lost this year was on f*king transcription errors!!!

oops.. wrong forum :)
where did u read that....:eek:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
http://hsc.csu.edu.au/maths/general/pre/measurement/m4/index.htm

it was somewhere in here ... which i know is *so* much help :rolleyes: .. but if u want to look for it i guess u'd pick up other useful advice anyway
hmm...:rolleyes: no wonder i couldn't find it....coz it was under general maths...man, i can understand why concessions such as those are given to general maths ppl.:p

SugaryPlume

questions

I am not good at this module.

Now those of you who have decided to read on...

But I think it would be wise to prepare of course to the syllabus outline of in the wild: "a significant concern for humanity is its relationship with the natural world and its rhythms. The quality and importance of this relationship can vary across different times and cultures..." blah blah blah

but you also must keep in mind the broader module outline which is "compare texts in order to explore them in relation to their contexts."

As Em pointed out, our trial question was quite out of the blue and seemed to suit the transformations elective better, but you'll have to be prepared for an overall question whcih just asks youto compare. So if anyone is majorly lost: themes, contexts, COMPARE!

Chelle

stoopid br/bnw

its the worst topic, we're doing harwood, frontline and lear

And my worst topic is.. BR BNW you guessed it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)