Possible Questions for Frontline (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Mods, please make this thread a sticky, tying in with Modules A (BNW/BR) and B (King Lear). Thanks :)

Module C: Representation and Texts

Question 11 Elective 1: Telling the Truth (Catholic Trial 2001)
Write a speech for an audience of young adults in which you examine the idea that the truth is never pure and rarely simple. Base you speech on the complex nature of truth and the various representations of truth found in your prescribed text and other related texts of your own choosing.

Question 11 Elective 1: Telling the Truth (Independent Trial 2001)
You are the producer of a national television arts program entitled Representation and Text. Each week, this program examines one important idea and how it is represented in texts. This weeks program will look at how truth is represented in texts and explore how statements come to be accepted as true.

In an outline to the director of the program, explain
- How you would structure this program
- Whom you would have on the program as guests and why
- What information you would present to the viewer

You may present your outline in any form you choose but you must base your response on your prescribed text and other related texts of your own choosing.

Question 11 Elective 1: Telling the Truth (BOS sample question)
Write a persuasive article suitable for publication under the heading:
Whoever holds power tries to own the truth!

Base the article on your evaluation of the ways truth is represented in your prescribed text and in other related texts of your own choosing.

Question 11 Elective 1: Telling the Truth (HSC 2001)
You have created an exhibition of texts entitled: One persons truth is ...
The exhibition includes your prescribed text and other related texts of your own choosing. Write a speech for the opening night of the exhibition. In your speech, explain how the exhibition reflects your vision of the representations of truth.

Question 11 Elective 1: Telling the Truth (HSC 2002)
How has your understanding of the events, personalities or situations been shaped by their representations in the texts you have studied?

Base your response on your study of Telling the Truth OR Powerplay OR History and Memory. Refer to your prescribed text and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.

Question 11 Elective 1: Telling the Truth (Catholic Trial 2002)
You are the keynote speaker addressing a forum of cadet journalists on the difficulties of telling the truth. Write the transcript of your presentation. You must refer to your prescribed text and a variety of texts of your own choosing.

The prescribed texts are:
* Media Rob Sitch et al., Frontline
- The Siege
- We Aint Got Dames
- Playing the Ego Card
- Add Sex and Stir
- Smaller Fish to Fry
- The (This) Night of Nights
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:)

malayz_angel

Wow...wish I had seen this before MY trial exam! I'll add the question that was in my trial though I can't remember the exact ques and I am just paraphrasing...

Write a transcript of a discussion between three students based on the topic 'Truth and falsehood: falsehood always wins the first battle, truth the last. And base it on eps from Frontline and TWO related texts of your own choosing.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
thats a really good question I wish that was mine!!

Basically all the questions for frontline are going to be the same though, theres not a lot of variation they can do

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ummm, i don't know, depends on what they decide the other sections will be.. i'll take a guess that it'll be an essay

CursedBeauty

GAH! I should have checked this out before my trials, which I totally bombed out on the Frontline bit. Dang it!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by CursedBeauty
GAH! I should have checked this out before my trials, which I totally bombed out on the Frontline bit. Dang it!
I posted it after the trials, as well as:

Module A: BNW/BR
Module B: King Lear
Area of Study: Changing Perspective
as well as Module C: Frontline

rolz

Far out im like the rest of you i wish i had of seen this before i went into my trials coz i think i will fail the frontline bit. Our question was hard it was something like "Text create their own truth" and we had to respond to that using frontline and one related material it was crap coz i could't think of anything to write.

Tazz

THANKS HEAPS!!!! I have paper 2 on Friday... So hopefully this will give me a pretty good idea of wat sort of question it will ask.
Goodluck to everyone else who are still doin there trials!! :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
1. "Telling the truth is an ideal all subscribe to but few
achieve." Write an essay on this theme, referring to the way the
truth is represented in your prescribed text and other related texts
of your own choosing. (Question from Wizard Notes: A Student's Guide
to Frontline)
2. You are the host for a radio program Media in the Spotlight.
You have invited a guest on the program to discuss 'truth in the
media'. This discussion is based on the prescribed text and other
texts of your own choosing. Write the script of the discussion,
including your concluding response to the view expressed by your

u know what, i've got too many questions but not enough answers!!:D

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah our trial question was something like "Texts construct their own truths" Discuss... something like that anyway.

Madi

we had the same question as malayz-angel....i thought it was really difficult though...not sure why exactly!

emily

we had the same

"Every text constructs it's own truth"

argh...

i reckon it'll be an essay

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
ETA 2001

"... Its very hard to know the truth. I think that people are bombarded with information, images and ideas, all aimed at persuading us to a particular point of view. We can't tell where the truth lies. We dont know where or how to take action."

Explore the representation of truth in the prescribed text you have studied and other related texts. How has your study enabled you to understand where truth lies?

Write a close textual analysis of 'The Siege'. In your analysis you should evaluate how the medium of production, textual form, perspective and choice of language influence meaning. In your analysis you must also make comparisons and contrasts to other related texts of your own choosing.

To what extent is representation also a misrepresentation? Write a persuasive feature article. Base this article on your evaluation of the ways truth is represented in your prescribed text and in other related texts of your own choosing.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Yeah I had the same "Every text constructs it's own truth" and did pretty shite.

My teacher steals ALL her material. Not one peice of original thought. Sorry Newtown ... it isn't my fault. My teacher thinks they are 'friends'. Their teacher thinks she is a parasite :D

malayz_angel

Lol...our question was hard because none of us knew exactly what a transcript was! It was in the Paper One and I was like "should we ask?" and everyone was like "no it wont be in the next one." it was not only in Paper One and Paper Two, but also in our Extension One exam too lol

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Write a close textual analysis of 'The Siege'. In your analysis you should evaluate how the medium of production, textual form, perspective and choice of language influence meaning. In your analysis you must also make comparisons and contrasts to other related texts of your own choosing.

could they really give a question that specific? Referring to only one episode? I would be stuffed because i deliberately chose not to learn The Siege because from what i can see its the most common

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)