Possible to complete B. Arts in 2 years? (1 Viewer)

tobiasfunke

HSC
N/A
I have already completed a degree and I am interested in doing another. However if possible I would prefer not to waste another 3 years doing so. Would it be possible to apply for B. Arts and complete it in 2 years by overloading? If so what would the workload be like? Also would the application depend on my Uni marks or my UAI?

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I have already completed a degree and I am interested in doing another. However if possible I would prefer not to waste another 3 years doing so. Would it be possible to apply for B. Arts and complete it in 2 years by overloading? If so what would the workload be like? Also would the application depend on my Uni marks or my UAI?
They'd go off your uni marks.

I have no clue about doing the degree in two years. Though I can't see why not...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
To do it in two years would require six units (36cp) per semester, which isn't allowed - the maximum is 30cp per semester (see here, at 5.1.3 in the top section). Though I guess you might be able to do it by taking units at summer and winter school, if the right units were available.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
You can apply for credit for some previous units of study from your previous degree as long as they fit into tables A or B, I think. When I was applying for credit from an unfinished degree the max I was allowed to apply for was 96 and for completed degrees it was 48... pretty sure that's how it works, it was a year ago :p

So if you got credit for 48 credit points you can knock off a year of your arts degree without overloading... but you'd probably have a limited choice of units of study/majors.

izzy88

HSC
You generally aren't allowed to overload in first year, although I guess you could ask for permission from the arts faculty since you already have a degree. This would mean you could do 5 subjects a semester- to fill the remaining four subjects you could do one in each summer and winter school, however these are full fee courses (don't have Hecs) so it would be costly- it would also depend on what majors you were doing as certain arts majors don't necessarily have a lot of offerings for summer/winter school. Eg. Languages, ancient history etc. My advice would be to ring the faculty. The other option, although it takes three years is the Bachelor of Arts (advanced)- this entails skipping all first year subjects and starting second yr subjects in first year, doing 3rd yr in second year and Honours in your third year (ie a four year degree in 3 years), with the benefit of havin Honours...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)