Possible to get 90+ UAI? HOw do u know? (1 Viewer)

ceebee21

HSC
How do u know/estimate ur UAI? its so confusing..how do u no wat preferences to make for courses? Current marks:

Subject Mark Rank

Biology 89 (1st or 2nd)
Legals 85 (1st or 2nd)
Anc Hist 93 (1st)
IPT 90? (1st)
Eng Stn 85 (1st)

Any help, comments..or anything in general most appreciated! Thanx!

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Yes, its possible to get a 90+ UAI. The higher your marks are, the higher your UAI -- thats how you tell. (I reckon you have a pretty good chance). And this is how you know whast preferences to make for courses: you put your most preferred ones at the top of the list.

X

xeuyrawp

ceebee21 said:
How do u know/estimate ur UAI? its so confusing..how do u no wat preferences to make for courses? Current marks:

Subject Mark Rank

Biology 89 (1st or 2nd)
Legals 85 (1st or 2nd)
Anc Hist 93 (1st)
IPT 90? (1st)
Eng Stn 85 (1st)

I would say you have a good chance of getting in the low 90s, depending on your school.

In fact, I would put my money (if I had any) on 92.35-93.25 (ok, I just totally made that number up); but you're going to have to work and hope your class doesn't suck.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
If you aren't smart enough to use the HSC UAI Guestulator (or SAM which is its new name) then don't worry about anything 90+ ... maybe UWS will accept you cause they're desperate.

X

xeuyrawp

minushuman said:
If you aren't smart enough to use the HSC UAI Guestulator (or SAM which is its new name) then don't worry about anything 90+ ... maybe UWS will accept you cause they're desperate.
As much as I love bluntness, you're a degrading asshole, and aren't welcome on this board. Whilst some things need to be said in earnest, that's not one of them.

That being said, why is there an apostrophe in 'blog's'?

Last edited by a moderator:

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
I'm sorry shall I set up a chamber so you can gas me you grammer nazi? The SAM is there for a reason.

X

xeuyrawp

minushuman said:
I'm sorry shall I set up a chamber so you can gas me you grammer nazi? The SAM is there for a reason.
You moron-

' ceebee21

HSC: 2005

'

She just joined, she's a newbie. I sucked when I was first here, lay off her.

nwatts

HSC
minushuman said:
I support your own proposition to gas yourself.

ceebee21: With regards to uni preferences, you should just place courses in order of those you would like to go to, rather than those you think you'll get into. For a few reasons- you may find yourself with a higher UAI than expected and often you can beg your way into a course you desperately want if you just miss out.

Also, why are you in standard english?! With a mark like that, you should most definitely be in advanced!

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
As if I care how long he/she has been here for and how active he/she has been in posting. The SAM is seperate to the forum, and the mere fact that she's already used the forum means she was perfectly capable of reading the SAM how-to's.

As a side note, you have the uncanny likeness to this guy Ross I used to know.

HSC
ceebee21 said:

Subject Mark Rank

Biology 89 (1st or 2nd)
Legals 85 (1st or 2nd)
Anc Hist 93 (1st)
IPT 90? (1st)
Eng Stn 85 (1st)

first of all, excellent ranks I envy you, assuming you get even similar marks in the HSC you are probably looking at least 95, lets assume you got a tops year, because you got such a great rank, what happends is your assessment mark is adjusted to that highest mark in whatever subject you got first in (thats how they assume your assessment mark, because any school can give in 100)

for example, lets say 5th in IPT got 100% in IPT (and is first) he/she will still have that as their HSC mark, but your assessment mark gets adjusted to that 100 then your HSC mark is your normal HSC mark, you have this upper hand advantage, so help others

if you got even a really shit year, and you go really well, you will still get your assessment mark adjusted accordingly, plus your [assumed] high HSC mark, so you really can't go wrong, thats the advantage of being first in most/all subjects, you really tend to have the system by the balls in which you have more chance of getting 95+ UAI, work hard at it and dont get cocky for HSC, good luck

minushuman said:
minushuman said:
minushuman said:
As if I care how long he/she has been here for and how active he/she has been in posting. The SAM is seperate to the forum, and the mere fact that she's already used the forum means she was perfectly capable of reading the SAM how-to's.

As a side note, you have the uncanny likeness to this guy Ross I used to know.
i understand your point of view, but seriously she isn't been here for a year and is not going to go use SAM as you find it so easily because people like you and me have been here for 10 months, take it easy on her how

Last edited:

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Shitt, ur smart. Id be confident in saying you can get a 95+, just keep working and working. I reckon u can get higher if you want, and it also defintely depends on the other people because ur marks can either scale up or down if the averages is low or something for ur grade. For the hsc exams, ur now competing as a grade and not as an individual. Because ur ranks are so good (1st is excellent), im sure the HSC system will work ur way. You cant really predict what your UAI will be- no1 can. So with Preferences, just put whatever u think u are capable of doing, even if some seem farfetched (like if its 99 or something) cos sometimes, it might not even BE the UAI cos it might go up or down even. Give it a balance though cos u never know what could happen, but im sure u can list Uni courses around the high 90s to high 80s range. With ur marks, im sure u are capable of listing anything. Just dw, dnt stress. If u do stress, ask ur careers advisor- u have like till sep30 :)

Haku

kimi said:
Shitt, ur smart. Id be confident in saying you can get a 95+, just keep working and working. I reckon u can get higher if you want, and it also defintely depends on the other people because ur marks can either scale up or down if the averages is low or something for ur grade. For the hsc exams, ur now competing as a grade and not as an individual. Because ur ranks are so good (1st is excellent), im sure the HSC system will work ur way. You cant really predict what your UAI will be- no1 can. So with Preferences, just put whatever u think u are capable of doing, even if some seem farfetched (like if its 99 or something) cos sometimes, it might not even BE the UAI cos it might go up or down even. Give it a balance though cos u never know what could happen, but im sure u can list Uni courses around the high 90s to high 80s range. With ur marks, im sure u are capable of listing anything. Just dw, dnt stress. If u do stress, ask ur careers advisor- u have like till sep30 :)
but seriously with that rank, ull be looking down the barrel of 99. so envy you.

ceebee21

HSC
Hey thanks so much guys, and thanks for sticking up for me too..lol. All comments have been really helpful..having a great week..just got bio trial results..89% (which hopefully secured my 1st ranking!) so was fairly happy..just gotta keep working hard! Thanks again!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
ill tell u something, i know someone who did their hsc in o2? shes an internation student who is at UNSW nows, 2 weeks before her trials, her grandma died and she did so crappppp in her trials. she practically lost all motivation and prior the the hsc exam she studied like 2 weeks before and u kno what she got? 85 and no im not lying .. just to let u kno there is hope ..

Smartie87

HSC
on the topic of uai predictions, im a little worried cuz my ranks are not bad, but as 4 the final assessment marks... im a little concerned that i wont get into uni.. i need no less than a uai of 98....

ad. english- 2nd in year, 81%
gen. maths 4th in yr 86%
Legal Stud 1st in year 86%
Bus Stud 2nd in year 83-84%
Mod History 1st in year 91%

u reckon i still need to bust my ass to get anywhere near it?? plz help guys cuz i think im setting myself up 4 a major fall

X

xeuyrawp

Smartie87 said:
on the topic of uai predictions, im a little worried cuz my ranks are not bad, but as 4 the final assessment marks... im a little concerned that i wont get into uni.. i need no less than a uai of 98....

ad. english- 2nd in year, 81%
gen. maths 4th in yr 86%
Legal Stud 1st in year 86%
Bus Stud 2nd in year 83-84%
Mod History 1st in year 91%

u reckon i still need to bust my ass to get anywhere near it?? plz help guys cuz i think im setting myself up 4 a major fall
It really depends on your year group if you're at the top of your year.

warstalker

I dunno
HSC
Yeah you school rank is really important and right now your ranks are impressive The next step you should strive for is to keep at standard and also try your best to even push yourself to be first in all subject. Anything can happen if you try :D

jdrockefeller

HSC
I'll say you're gonna get 95.35, and just like everyone else who has ever given someone a UAI estimation, yes I did just pull that figure out of my arse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)