Possible to learn math at univeristy? (1 Viewer)

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
Hi there,

I'm currently enrolled in media and communications at Sydney University, as I find an interest in media production and foreign languages.

However, I recently grew an interest in business, in particular, finance.

The problem is I'm bad at math. I dropped general math in year 11. Not only does finance require math, but a lot of the first year core business units at USYD require math as well.

I was wondering, would it be possible for me to learn math in any way? The math in finance is at least at a 2 unit math or 3 unit math level in high school, and I find this difficult. But is there any way I can learn math at university? Also, how long will it take me to learn math realistically speaking? Will it be difficult to learn math whilst simultaneously focusing on my degree?

Thanks!

pHyRe

HSC
Hi there,

I'm currently enrolled in media and communications at Sydney University, as I find an interest in media production and foreign languages.

However, I recently grew an interest in business, in particular, finance.

The problem is I'm bad at math. I dropped general math in year 11. Not only does finance require math, but a lot of the first year core business units at USYD require math as well.

I was wondering, would it be possible for me to learn math in any way? The math in finance is at least at a 2 unit math or 3 unit math level in high school, and I find this difficult. But is there any way I can learn math at university? Also, how long will it take me to learn math realistically speaking? Will it be difficult to learn math whilst simultaneously focusing on my degree?

Thanks!

theres a program called maths in business. its free and should be able to give you the help you need

might be others around too

Silly Sausage

HSC
You should also check out MATH1111, introduction to calculus. Which is catered towards people who have not done maths (or general maths) in high school.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Could you possibly get a friend to tutor/mentor you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)