post a pic of your bookshelf (1 Viewer)

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
stolen from somewhere else... im interested to see med students, nurses, vets, (anyones really) bookshelves i think it would be cool

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
hahaha nice, netters flash cards. im thinking of getting them, dunno if its worth it...

getintomedicine

HSC
Those piles of books can't be cheap!
They're not! In first year, we were instructed to buy a whole stack of books, many of which were never (or rarely) used.

Folks, when you get into Medicine, let us know and we can tell you which ones to bother investing in!

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
whatever you do, don't bother buying a biochemistry textbook. useless stuff, and basically anyone who made the mistake of buying one in first year always tries to sell their copy later on

Half of my horde are from the library, which I just keep reserving and borrowing out for the whole semester :).
asif you even look at all that :rolleyes:

after scabbing from friends who had already graduated, i only bothered getting the essentials, you can supplement anything else you might need with online resources and the library. depends on your style of study though

i hardly look at these, most were scabs/gifts anyway. absolutely love the book on far left, lol

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
these are all so very awesome

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
whatever you do, don't bother buying a biochemistry textbook. useless stuff, and basically anyone who made the mistake of buying one in first year always tries to sell their copy later on

asif you even look at all that :rolleyes:
I so do *pokes tongue out*!

ashllis92

HSC
Is it weird that massive piles of huge complex textbooks excites me for studying Med? Not as much as the thought of clinical work though :) Argh better go study :( stupid high ATAR

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it weird that massive piles of huge complex textbooks excites me for studying Med? Not as much as the thought of clinical work though :) Argh better go study :( stupid high ATAR
it excites me too

ashllis92

HSC
it excites me too
Haha well at least if it's weird, I'm not alone! I just can't wait to see my uni offers (if there's one for med, if not then i dont care!)!! Bummer that your only in year 10, I remember deciding to do med in year 10 and HSC felt soo far away, it's not!

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha well at least if it's weird, I'm not alone! I just can't wait to see my uni offers (if there's one for med, if not then i dont care!)!! Bummer that your only in year 10, I remember deciding to do med in year 10 and HSC felt soo far away, it's not!
im actually currently doing yr 11 in a few subjects and yr 12 in one of them

ashllis92

HSC
Oh ok, wish I could've accelerated, school said I would be fine if I accelerated but they had never accelerated anyone so they didn't want to start. They accelerated a year 10 guy this year :| Only in one subject though
What are you doing?

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh ok, wish I could've accelerated, school said I would be fine if I accelerated but they had never accelerated anyone so they didn't want to start. They accelerated a year 10 guy this year :| Only in one subject though
What are you doing?
i wasnt accelerated im doing sydney distance education i just started yr 12 business services and im doing english and maths

next year im doing yr 11 again and i wanna either continue yr 12 business services or do pdhpe plus 3unit eng 2 unit math bio chem and sor

i wanna do medicine eventually though

Jaylee42003

HSC
i wasnt accelerated im doing sydney distance education i just started yr 12 business services and im doing english and maths

next year im doing yr 11 again and i wanna either continue yr 12 business services or do pdhpe plus 3unit eng 2 unit math bio chem and sor

i wanna do medicine eventually though
you'll get there, if you're determined, study hard, and are prepared to sacrifice.

Last edited:

ashllis92

HSC
Kudos for having the guts to repeat! I'm sure you'll get there eventually! G'luck

aussienerd

Don't eat yellow snow.
HSC
Uni Grad
thanks im in hospital and i had the shittest day and you guy made me feel just that little bit better that im not going to cut myself tonight, seriously

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)