• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post Hsc Formal Xcitement!! (1 Viewer)

kelboo

HSC
How good are fomals - just a chance to dress up and feel preeetttyyy.... only thing is though I am never ever going to wear my dress again I just know it, and it cost $1000 :(
Make-up, hair and spray-on tan = $125 (hehehe that mum is payin for)
So all up not bad - I don't really have to pay for anything here on in... and formal is on the 24th, so I got 2 and a half weeks or so

Woo-hoo!! :D:D:D

HSC
N/A
Whoo! Ours is on the 16th and I went for the cocktail thing too. Not worth borthering like I did in Yr 10, waste of time and money lol... the dress hasn;t seen the light of day since! lol.

I'm doing my own hair, as my Yr 10 formal hair cost $80 and fell out half-way through the night. Luckily I had bobby pins with me.

I also did my own makeup then and will do it again myself this year. It costs a bomb to have it done, and it's like, nighttime, so who's really going to be able to tell if it's been done by a pro or not. I say buy your own makeup (or borrow some) and practice putting it on in different ways - you save money AND get some skills at the same time! BARGAIN! lol.

~~Jess~~

HSC
mine is on the 18th. i went dress shopping today, i found a very pretty black dress but im not sure if i should get it or not (its on hold). cos well i always wanted a pretty colour dress and i think a lot of other pple will have black. but its pretty! so i think i will keep looking and if i dont find something i'll come back.
i have a really pretty hair style in mind too, they better not stuff it up! the last 2 times i hated it so better be good. as for make-up i dunno where to start!
but im wearing shoes from yr 10 and my bag from yr 10

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't understand why so many schools are having their formal after the HSC. I would think that a lot of people would be missing because its during schoolies.

somborac

HSC
my school formal is on 19th Nov. The only reason why its after HSC is because the place was all booked out before HSC...but we all like it to be after anyway...

spooky's.gal

HSC
my formal is gonna be totally crap. just about everyone in my yr has decided to hate everybody else, they are so childish, so they are all gonna be sitting around glaring at everyone else for the whole evening. woohoo, party on.
i dont even wanna go anymore. a couple of people have decided to ruin it for their petty hatred towards everyone else, and we are all gonna suffer for it. and my crappy principal has allowed people who were thrown out of school to go, so they will be hell bent on getting into fights with kids they hold a grudge against etc. if it werent for the fact that i cant get a refund on my ticket, and that i already got a dress, i sure as hell wouldnt be going. i'll definately be leaving as early as possible though. what a way to end high school eh?

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
ours is in 10 days woo cant wait no one is going formal liek yr 10 but still dressed up of course

spooky's.gal

HSC
hey argonaut
yeah totally sucks eh.
if i hadnt already paid id be going on holidays early and missing all the 'fun'. what a shame that would be!
i cant believe my principal is letting people who were thrown out of school go still. they were told to leave for a reason!
and about the tables, at least u know where ur sitting already, our school never sorted that out, now we have no clue. i guess it'll end up being first in first served or something.
grrrr, i dont wanna go, its gonna be crap, and i cant get out of it now!
NB, sorry, but im in a real bad mood about this and wanna complain.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Mines post HSC and on the 23rd!!! Cant wait! but i still have to buy a dress...

budj

HSC
Our formal (monaro High School), is on the 3rd of December. We are allowed to take in three ggeusts. It should be hectic

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
mine's on sat 27th nov. can't wait!
Its really traditional. All the girls (except for a few who wanna be diff or something) wear white and all the guys wear the same suits. We all have to dance the pride of erin, and because there are 39 guys and 21 girls in my year (talk about gender imbalance), us girls dance twice. Because its a white dress there are only certain occasions where it can be worn again, which is a pity coz i like mine. It's a boned bodice with crisscross tie up stuff on the back and a long skirt, all in a shimmery white paisley.
I still can't find white or silver shoes with small heels that i can actually dance in, its impossible.
I'm getting a manicure, an upstyle and prolly makeup done professionally. I only plan on doing yr 12 once, so i may as well splash out a bit... or at least get my parents to!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)